- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I offer professional, confidential and empathic Counselling and Psychotherapy with 17 years of experience.
I am a Senior Accredited member of the BACP and I have a Masters in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
I have two practice locations:
- The Hamblin Centre, Bosham, West Sussex
- Spire Portsmouth Hospital, Havant
I specialise in Eating Disorders and also work extensively with Depression, Anxiety and Stress related difficulties.
I work integratively, drawing on different approaches such as Person Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Solution Focussed Therapy and Hypnotherapy. I see many patients/clients with a variety of issues and offer both short term and long term therapy.
I also have a keen interest in Mindfulness and integrate my training in both Mindful Self Compassion and Mindful Eating to enhance and compliment my clinical practice.
I have worked in various settings and organisations such as: MIND, Employee Assisted Programmes, MoreLife (Weight Management Service), Primary Care NHS Settings, GP Surgeries, Sanibel Counselling Service, Langley Therapy Counselling Service.
Areas of interest
Eating Disorders; Binge-Eating Disorder; Bulimia Nervosa; Anorexia Nerevosa; Body Image; Relationship Difficulties; Work Related Issues; Abuse; Loss/Bereavement/Change; Self Esteem and Identity Issues, Depression; Anxiety; Panic Disorder;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Anorexia Nervosa
Video and telephone consultations
- Offers video and telephone consultations
- MA in Counselling & Psychotherapy University of East London 2016
- Advanced Diploma in Person Centred Counselling Havering College of Further Education 2003
- Advanced Diploma in Hypno-Analysis Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy 2011
- Advanced Diploma in The Legacy of Childhood Trauma The Foundation for The Developing Person 2003
- The Priory National Eating Disorders Training The Priory 2017
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) University of West of England 2009
- Mindful Self Compassion Teacher Training Centre for Mindful Self Compassion 2019
- Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness Teacher Training The Centre for Mindful Eating 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Senior Accredited Member of The BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy)
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: barbarahart22_1