- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Hand surgery
- Lower limb surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
Prof Sandip Hindocha MD,MPhil,MBChB,MRCS,BTEC(Laser),MFFLM,FRCS(plast)
Prof Hindocha is a UK trained fully accredited plastic, reconstructive, aesthetic, laser and hand surgeon and carries out a wide range of surgical & non-surgical procedures. Prof Hindocha appears on the specialist register of the GMC. Mr Hindocha runs a private practice in Bedford, Hitchin & Harley St. He is the clinical lead for plastic surgery & clinical director within planned care at Bedford Hospital.
Prof Hindocha qualified from the University of Manchester in 2005 and his training has taken place in Manchester, Liverpool, USA (Dallas) and Canada (Toronto). In addition to his plastic surgery training he has completed a recognised cosmetic fellowship program.
Prof Hindocha is highly academic within the field of plastic, reconstructive, aesthetic, laser and hand surgery. He has published several book chapters, over 100 peer reviewed scientific articles and presented his work at a national & international level. Mr Hindocha has developed and runs an international plastic surgery course at The University of Mauritius which has been acclaimed a success via the national press & TV in East Africa. Prof Hindocha has won several academic prizes for his work in plastic surgery including the prestigious Society of Academic Research Surgeons award in 2009.
Prof Hindocha is a member of the British Association of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons (BAPRAS); the British Association of Surgery of the Hand (BSSH); the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS); the British Medical Laser Association (BMLA); the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS); the Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine (FFLM) to enhance his expanding medical legal practice.
Areas of interest
Hand surgery; Breast surgery; Reconstructive surgery; Soft tissue disorders; Skin tumours / cancer/ oncology; Cosmetic surgery; Facial plastic surgery; Paediatric plastic surgery;
- BMI Manor Hospital
- Manor Hospital Church End Biddenham Bedford MK40 4AW
- 01234 364252
- Ramsay Pinehill Hospital
- Pinehill Hospital Benslow Lane Hitchin SG4 9QZ
- 01462 422822
- Three Counties Plastic Surgery, Laser & Skin Clini
- Bedford Hospital NHS Trust South Wing Kempston Road Bedford MK42 9DJ
- 01234 792172
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Jose Luis Soriano Bru Fee Assured
- Dr Botros Fahmy Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive, Aesthetic, Laser & Hand Surgeon, Bedford Hospital NHS Trust, Bedford. MK42 9DJ
Hand surgery, Dupuytren's disease, lower limb reconstruction, plastic surgery clinical research, cutaneous laser surgery, skin cancer
1. Clinical Academic prize for presentation of “Whole genomic scanning in Dupuytren’s disease".
2. Society of Academic Research Surgeons Annual Meeting First Prize.
3. Insider medical clinical course prize for best candidate, Hammersmith Hospital.
4. Royal College of Surgeons of England Research Fellowship.
5. Pennine Research Prize Roadshow Poster prize, for Patients perception of a doctors’ approach.
6. The Lord Tom Pendry University Scholarship.
Publications – written and reviewed
Summary of numbers
Books / Book chapters 6
Journal Articles 69
International / National presentations 95
Courses offered to GPs
Lectures on plastic, reconstructive, aesthetic/cosmetic, laser and hand surgery
- FRCS (plast) (Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2016
- MFFLM (Member of the Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine) Royal College of Physicians 2016
- BTEC (Laser) Mapperly Park Laser Institute 2016
- MD (Doctorate of Medicine) University of Manchester 2013
- MRCS (Member of the Royal College of Surgeons) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2009
- MPhil (Master of Philosophy) University of Manchester 2009
- MBChB (Batchelor of Medicine & Surgery) University of Manchester 2005
Reference number 6122218
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Register, 2017
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.