- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Contingency Management
- Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy (IPSRT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
I qualified as a Clinical Psychologist in 1990 and since then I have worked in a range of diverse mental health settings both in Spain and the UK. In addition to my Doctorate, I have also completed a Master’s Degree and Post-Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I am registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) and I am a Chartered member of the British Psychological Society.
I have worked in the NHS for 18 years both in inpatient and community services, and I have delivered individual therapy, group-based interventions and supervision. For the past 11 years, I held the position of Head of Adult Community Psychology Service in the NHS and I have been responsible for the delivery of highly specialist psychological assessments and effective evidence based interventions to working age adults. Alongside this, I have worked in the private sector for over 15 years. I remain invested in my own professional development, and ensure that I continue to offer psychological therapy that is innovative, forward thinking and highly effective. I am highly respected in my professional field and remain committed to ensuring excellence in my clinical work.
Areas of interest
I am proficient in delivering effective evidence-based psychological interventions founded upon individualized formulation and identification of clear, realistic and specific goals for adolescents and adults 16 years and over. I have extensive experience in the treatment of the following conditions:
• Emotional and Behavioural difficulties
• Adjustment Disorders
• Depressive Disorders; Anxiety Spectrum Disorders including OCD, Panic disorder, Agoraphobia, Phobias, Generalised Anxiety Disorders, Social Anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Body dysmorphia; Stress Management; Delusional Disorders and Schizophrenia• Bipolar Disorder (My Area of specialism particularly in delivering brief CBT interventions, which led to the publication of a number of academic papers on this topic); Low self-esteem; Interpersonal / relational problems; Neuropsychological Assessments and Clinical Supervision.
Video and telephone consultations
- Offers video and telephone consultations