- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Gynaecological oncology
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Sayasneh is Consultant Gynaecological Oncology Surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Trust since August 2015. He is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London (School of Medicine, Department of Surgery and Cancer). His main clinical and research interest is ovarian cancer (screening, diagnostics and management), with long track of peer review publications. He has obtained his Doctorate of Medicine MD(Res) degree in ultrasound characterisation of ovarian masses from Imperial College London. And he has completed his subspeciality training in Gynaecological Oncological surgery at Imperial College Healthcare (Hammersmith, St Mary's and Charing Cross Hospitals in London). Mr Sayasneh has been a member and an invited speaker in the Faculty panel of the International Ovarian Tumour Analysis Group IOTA and the International Society of Ultrasound in obstetrics and Gynaecology ISUOG in the last 6 years. Mr Sayasneh has obtained his RCOG advanced training in vulval disease and vaginal surgery from Cambridge University Hospitals.
Areas of interest
Ovarian cysts diagnostics and characterisation, Surgery for early (open and laparoscopic) and advanced ovarian cancer; Lparoscopic and open cervical and endometrial and cancers; Supraradical surgery in gynaecological cancer; Exenterative procedures in advanced and relapsed gynaecological cancers; Vulval cancer and reconstructive surgery. Minimal access gynaecological surgery. Colposcopy. Gynecological ultrasonography.
- Natalie Goble
- K M S Professionals Forge Lane East Farleigh Maidstone ME15 0HQ
- 020 3907 0534
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Kalani Pinnagoda Fee Assured
- Personal CV at Guy's and St Thomas Hospital
- Personal website at Imperial College London
- Researcgate personal website
- Google scholar personal website
- 132 Harley Street
Current NHS consultant posts held
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Thomas’ Hospital Westminster Bridge Road, London, UK, SE1 7EH
The New Cancer Centre, Guy’s Hospital, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9RT
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London, UK. W12 0HS
Mr Sayasneh has an h-index score of 11 on Google score with 336 publication citation since 2009. The main thrust of his MD research, since August 2011, is related to 2 arms of the IOTA study. IOTA is an international collaboration designed to produce robust information on the characterisation and long term behaviour of ovarian masses. The IOTA studies recruited over 5000 masses in over 30 countries as has informed national guidelines in many countries including the UK https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Ovarian_Tumor_Analysis_trial. Mr Sayasneh was the main coordinator of the IOTA4 study which was a prospective trial investigating the different models (ultrasound and biomarkers) to characterise ovarian masses (http://www.controlled-trials.com/ISRCTN20772153). Recently, with collaboration with the applied computer science team from Buckingham University, his research team have developed and validated a novel computer software to read static ultrasound images of ovarian masses.
radical and ultra-radical surgery in gynaecological oncology, advanced laparoscopic gynaecological surgery, gynaecological ultrasonography
1) Best abstract presentation, ISUOG, Rome, Italy, 2016.
2) Hall of Fame recognition by UZ, Leuven, Belgium 2015.
3) Academic Distinction Degree: Awarded by Oxford College (ODL), UK, in Professional Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology, 2010.
4) Academic Distinction Prize: Awarded by the Ministry of Higher Education in Syria.1997.
5) Postgraduate Academic Distinction Award from the Arab Board of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Damascus, Syria. 2001.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Fluent
Most recent publications
1- A giant mucinous borderline neoplasm of the mesentery misdiagnosed as an adnexal cyst – a case report and literature review. Clin Obstet Gynecol Reprod Med 2017
2- Evaluating the risk of ovarian cancer before surgery using the ADNEX model: a multicentre external validation study. Br J Cancer. 2016
3- Can risk factors, clinical history and symptoms be used to predict risk of ectopic pregnancy in women attending an early pregnancy assessment unit?. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016
4- The accuracy of ultrasonography performed by examiners with varied training and experience to predict the specific pathology of adnexal masses. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2014
5-Multicentre external validation of IOTA prediction models and RMI by operators with varied training. Br J Cancer. 2013
6- A multicenter prospective external validation of the diagnostic performance of IOTA simple descriptors and rules to characterize ovarian masses. Gynecol Oncol. 2013
7- Changes seen in the ultrasound features of a presumed decidualised ovarian endometrioma mimicking malignancy. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2012.
8- Do pocket-sized ultrasound machines have the potential to be used as a tool to triage patients in obstetrics and gynecology?.
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2012
9- Presurgical diagnosis of adnexaltumours using mathematical models and scoring systems: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Hum Reprod Update. 2014
10- The potential use of pocket-sized ultrasound machines in obstetrics and gynecology. Europe Diagnostic Imaging Magazine. May 2013
11- The characteristic ultrasound features of specific types of ovarian pathology (Review). Int J Oncol (Accepted October 2014
12- Are serum HE4 or ROMA scores useful to experienced examiners for improving characterization of adnexal masses after transvaginal ultrasonography?. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2014
13- A comparison between an ultrasound based prediction model (LR2) and the risk of ovarian malignancy algorithm (ROMA) to assess the risk of malignancy in women with an adnexal mass. Gynecol Oncol. 2013
14- Differentiating stage I epithelial ovarian cancer from benign disease in women with adnexal tumors using biomarkers or the ROMA algorithm. Gynecol Oncol. 2013.
15- Preoperative identification of a suspicious adnexal mass. Gynecol Oncol. 2012 .
16- Improving strategies for diagnosing ovarian cancer: a summary of the International Ovarian Tumor Analysis (IOTA) studies. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2013.
Courses offered to GPs
Most recent oral presentations
Multi-class characterisation of ovarian masses before surgery using the ADNEX model: a prospective multicenter external validation study. ISUOG, Rome, Italy.
Live ultrasound scanning of ovarian cancer, ISUOG, Rome, Italy. September 2016.
Gynaecological cancer management research abstract session, Chairman, ISUOG, Rome, Italy. September 2016.
Ovarian mass characterisation. Guy’s and St Thomas’ GP training day. London. April 2016
View photos of my work
Click an image to enlarge and read a description
View videos on youtube
- MD(Res) Imperial College London 2015
- Dual CCT Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Subspecialty in Gynaecological Oncology East of England Deanery, London Deanery, RCOG 2015
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2006
- ATSM Advanced Training Module in Vulval Disease The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists RCOG, London/ East of England Deanery, Cambridge University Hospitals. 2010
- ATSM Advanced Training Module in Vginal Surgery The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists RCOG, London/ East of England Deanery, Cambridge University Hospitals. 2010
- BSCCP(Diagnosis and Treatment) The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists RCOG, British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology 2010
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Sexual Health Skills University of Greenwich, London (30 credits, level 3) 2009
- Professional Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology DL Oxford College, Oxford, UK 2010
- Higher Studies Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1998-2003 with a post-graduation (Master Degree) thesis in Hysteroscopy Damascus University, Syria 2003
- ArBOG Arab Board in Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2004
Reference number 6069015
Affiliations / memberships
BGCS (British Gynaecological Cancer Society).
BSCCP (British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical pathology).
NCCC (The National Cervical Cancer Coalition.
EATS (European Association for Transluminal Surgery).
ISUOG (International Society for Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
IOTA (International Ovarian Tumour Analysis Group).
EAOGS (East Anglian Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society).
ESO club (European School of Oncology).
SATO (Surgical Oncology Trainee Association).
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.