- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- General cardiology
Mike Griffith trained at Cambridge (Trinity Hall) and St Thomas’s London graduating in 1981. He gained his MD investigating the Diagnosis and Treatment of Ventricular Tachycardia in 1990.
After doing some of the first radiofrequency ablations of heart rhythm disorders in the UK as a Senior Registrar in Newcastle, he was appointed the first Consultant Cardiac Electrophysiologist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham in 1993.
Since then he has been at the forefront of heart rhythm treatment in the UK. He has served on HRUK council and is currently leading the national work on patient reported outcomes for heart rhythm treatments.
When he is not working he tries to spend as many days skiing as possible.
Areas of interest
Ablation, Arrhythmias, Atrial Fibrillation, Angina, Abnormal Heart Rhythms, Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation, Ablation of Tachycardia, Cardiology, Electrical abnormalities of the Heart, Heart Failure, Palpitations, Syncope, SVT, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Valve Disease.
- Michelle Peart
- B M I Priory Hospital Priory Road Edgbaston BIRMINGHAM B5 7UG
- 0121 446 1825
- 0121 685 1077
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr David Green Not Fee Assured
Griffith MJ, Garratt CJ, Mounsey P, Camm AJ. Ventricular tachycardia as default diagnosis in broad complex tachycardias. Lancet 1994; 343:386-388.
Griffith MJ, Bexton RS, McComb JM. Financial audit of anti-tachycardia pacing for the control of recurrent supraventricular tachycardia. Br Heart J 1993;69(3):272-5.
Griffith MJ, Mounsey JP, Bexton RS, Holden MP. Mechanical, but not infective pacemaker erosion may be successfully managed by re-implantation of pacemakers. Br Heart J 1994;71(2):202-5.
Griffith MJ, Garratt CJ, Rowland E, Ward DE, Camm AJ. Effects of intravenous adenosine on verapamil-sensitive “idiopathic” ventricular tachycardia. Am J Cardiology 1994;73(11):759-64.
1. Griffith MJ, Mehta D, Ward DE, Camm AJ. Doppler diagnosis of broad complex tachycardias. Am Heart J 1988;116:555-7
2. Griffith MJ, Linker N, Ward DE, Camm AJ. Adenosine in the diagnosis of broad complex tachycardias. Lancet 1988;I:672-5
3. Lau CP, Griffith MJ, Camm AJ. Ventricular Wenkebach after intravenous therapy with class 1 antiarrhythmic agents. Int J Cardiol 1988;20:141-4
4. Griffith MJ, Garratt CJ, Ward DE, Camm AJ. The effects of adenosine on sinus node re-entrant tachycardia. Clin Card 1989;12:409-11
Reference number 2733636