- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I have been working in gynaecology for the last fifteen years and working as a consultant gynaecologist for the last five years based in Good Hope Hospital in Sutton Coldfield. I specialise in both minor office procedures and day case procedures as well as major surgery in gynaecology. I treat menstrual disorders including heavy and abnormal menstrual bleeding, postmenopausal bleeding, abnormal cervical smears, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids and pelvic pain. I have been an honorary senior clinical lecturer in gynaecology at Birmingham University. I am also the the postgraduate tutor for gynaecology trainees under the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG). All these years of experience puts me in a very good position to treat most common gynaecological conditions.
I specialise in treating general gynaecological conditions with specific interest in treating heavy and abnormal menstrual bleeding including the use of Mirena coil, endometrial ablation and hysterectomy. I also specialise in management of abnormal cervical smears including colposcopy and treatment procedures like diathermy loop excision of cervix and ablation treatment of cervix. My other specialised area is in the management of postmenopausal bleeding including the use of hysteroscopy and removal of polyps. I also do key hole surgery like laparoscopy for the diagnosis and management of ovarian cysts and chronic pelvic pain.
To date I have performed over numerous hysterectomies, hysteroscopies, laparoscopies and colposcopy procedures over the years in the National Health Service.
I am the postgraduate college tutor representing the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in my department at Good Hope Hospital. I am also the foundation programme director at the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust.
In addition to my clinical work I am also proud to be an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the University of Birmingham.
Areas of interest
Gynaecology and/or obstetrics;
Post menopausal problems;
Post natal depression;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist, Good Hope Hospital, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
Honorary senior clinical lecturer, University of Birmingham.
I have plenty of extracurricular interests including performing drama and music. I am also the Assistant Secretary of Midland Indian Association and am involved in arranging social activities and festivities.
(Additional) Languages spoken
Case Study on vaginal pneumocystosis
Courses offered to GPs
I am happy to do talks to GPs
- MBBS University of Calcutta, India 1992
- Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics (DGO) University of Calcutta, India 1995
- FRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2015
- Certificate of Entry to Specialist Register General Medical Council 2010
- Advanced Training Skills Module in Benign Gynaecological Surgery - Hysteroscopy Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2010
- Colposcopy Certification British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP) 2009
- Postgraduate Certificate of Medical Education University of Warwickshire 2012
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy Higher Education Academy (HEA) 2012
Reference number 4752356
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Membership of General Medical Council General Medical Council (GMC) 2000
- Membership of Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS) 2016
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer University of Birmingham 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Entry to Specialist Register, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
- Little Aston Hall DriveLittle AstonSUTTON...
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 0121 580 7151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.