- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Soft tissue
- Upper GI
Trained in the delivery of Proton Beam Therapy for the treatment of:
Head and neck malignancies
Upper GI (oesophagus and stomach)
Hepatobiliary (liver, pancreas, gallbladder)
Highly experienced in the application of four-dimensional (4-D) free breathing CT scanning.
Eight years' experience in treating all aspects of head and neck, upper GI, and hepatobiliary malignancies with radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and innovative biological therapies including immunotherapy (Nivolumab).
Further treatments including palliative radiotherapy and systemic treatment for metastatic disease including zoledronate and cetuximab. Cheng also treats other malignancies occurring in the head and neck region including lymphoma, and plasmacytoma with advanced radiotherapy techniques.
Cheng's research work extends to participation in national and international trials such as pre-operative chemo-radiotherapy for oesophageal cancer to improve the chances of successful oesophageal surgery.
Other areas of research interests include advanced radiotherapy techniques in treating head and neck cancers in order to reduce early and late toxicity.
Outside of work, Cheng is an early-adopter of technology and loves the recent developments in the world of AI. He is soon to become a father to bouncing baby boy.
He is a keen rugby fan and supports Worcester Warriors and follows the home nations international teams.
Areas of interest
Proton Beam therapy, head and neck, squamous cell carcinoma, tonsil, base of tongue, oropharynx, P16 (human papillomavirus, HPV), larynx, hypopharynx, tongue, oral cavity, adenocystic cell carcinoma, parotid, submandibular, sublingual, base of skull, image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), VMAT, IMRT, Versa HD, Proteus One.
- Claire Brooke
- Worcester Oncology Centre Worcestershire Royal Hospital Charles Hastings Way Worcester WR5 1DD
- 01905 733529
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Oncologist
Worcester Oncology Centre
Worcester Acute NHS Trust
Health Research Authority Clinical Radiation Expert
Cheng is expecting the birth of his first child, supports Worcester Warriors, and loves to keep up to date with the latest technology, particularly AI.
- Bachelor of Medicine University of Manchester 2006
- Membership of Royal College of Physicians London 2010
- Fellowship of Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR) Clinical Oncology Royal College of Radiology, London 2015
- Proton Beam Therapy accreditation University of Pennsylvania 2018
- RCR Cyclotron Trust Visiting Fellowship Royal College of Radiology 2017
Reference number 6147331
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow of Royal College of Radiology Royal College of Radiology 2015
- Clinical Radiation Expert Health Research Authority 2016
- Cancer of the Upper Aero-Digestive Tract (CAT) committee National Institute of Clinical Excellence 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Clinical Oncology, 2015
- The Rutherford Cancer Centre South Wales
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01633 740005
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01633 740 005