- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Appointed consultant in 1994 I specialise in knee surgery in particular and primary hip replacement. i continue in active clinical practice both NHS and private.
My training was done in the North-West region of England and completed with overseas fellowships in Melbourne Australia, Seattle and Birmingham USA.
I am the current president of the British association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK). I serve on several other national committees including Beyond Compliance(BC) and Orthopaedic Devices Evaluation Panel (ODEP).
Areas of interest
Knee surgery; knee replacement, total and unicompartmental; revision knne replacement including for infection; knee arthroscopy; ligament recocstruction including anterior cruciate ligament; patella stabilisation; hip replacement.
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Revision knee replacement particulary for infection. Outcomes after knee replacement. prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism in orthopaedic surgery
Fluent in English
Courses offered to GPs
- MBChB University of Manchester 1981
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow 1985
- Fellow of Royal college of Surgeons Edinburgh 1985
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (Orthopaedics) Intercollegiate 1992
- Travelling Knee Fellowship John Bartlett, Melbourne, Australia 1993
- Travelling Trauma Fellowship Habourview Medical Center, Seattle 1992
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President British Association for Surgery of the Knee at Royal College of Surgeons, England 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- registered to practise Orthopaedic Surgery, 1994
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Contact switchborad at Spire Murayfield Hospital Wirral 0151 929 5181