- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
Hello, I am a qualified nurse and have provided psychological therapy since 2007. I have worked within Primary Care Mental Health Teams in the NHS providing psychological therapies for 10 years and now provide therapy in Private Practice.
My aim is to provide individualised evidence-based psychological therapy to an excellent standard. I am hold full accreditation with the BABCP and I am an Accredited Practitioner in EMDR with EMDR Europe, UK & Ireland.
I have experience of providing therapies for adults on an individual basis, group-work and for couples.
Please contact me if you wish to discuss your current difficulties and how psychological therapy may help. I look forward to speaking with you.
Areas of interest
I have a particular interest in Psychological Trauma and I have extensive experience of working with Complex Trauma. I have completed training in EMDR (Parts 1-4) and I have a MSc in EMDR from the University of Worcester.
- Enrolled Nurse (General) Leighton Hospital, Crewe 1991
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) Leighton Hospital, Crewe 1996
- BSc (Hons) Health Sciences University of Central Lancashire 1998
- PG Diploma in Complementary Therapy Studies University of Westminster 2001
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 3) Mid Cheshire College 2004
- BSc (Hons) Specialist Practitioner (Occupational Health) University of Cumbria 2006
- PG Certificate in CBT Greater Manchester West Cognitive Behaviour Training Centre 2008
- PG Diploma in Cognitive & Behavioural Therapies University of Manchester 2010
- PG Certificate in Vocational Rehabilitation Sheffield Hallam University 2010
- The Practice of EMDR in the Management of Psychological Trauma Post-Graduate Certificate Completion of all Four Parts of EMDR Europe Accredited Training University of Birmingham 2012
- Foundation Course in Couple Therapy The Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships 2014
- MSc EMDR University of Worcester 2016
- Couple Therapy for Depression IAPT Practitioner Training The Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (Enrolled Nurse General), 1991
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (Registered General Nurse), 1996
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (Specialist Practitioner), 2006
- BABCP (Provisional Accreditation), 2011
- BABCP (Full Accreditation), 2012
- EMDR Europe (Accredited Practitioner in EMDR), 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Nursing and Midwifery Council Sub-Part 1 RNA (Adult)
BABCP Accredited Member
EMDR Europe Association - Accredited Practitioner in EMDR
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details