- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
General ENT presentations such as blocked or runny nose, facial pain/sinusitis need Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS), bent and twisted nose requiring nose reshaping (septoplasty/rhinoplasty), blocked ears, hearing loss, painful or discharging ear, ringing sound in ear (tinnitus) and dizziness, throat symptoms that include “feeling lump in the throat”, surgical treatment of snoring
•Glue ears – Grommets insertions; cholesteatoma – Mastoid surgery, ear drum perforation repair – Myrinogplasty: repair of prominent ears – Pinnaplasty, ear canal infection/wax/mastoid cavity – Microsuction, widening narrow ear canals- Meatoplasty, dizziness and balance issues (Vertigo) diagnosis and treatment – e.g. Epley’s manoeuvre, and middle ear injection, Ear pressure equalization problems – Eustachian tube dysfunction
•Nasal polyps and sinusitis – FESS/Endoscopic sinus nasal surgery; blocked nose – septoplasty and turbinate surgery, nose bleed – cauterisation and surgical repair of repeated nose bleed, nose job – rhinoplasty surgery
•Benign head and neck surgery – investigating and removing neck lumps like lymph node biopsy and removal, branchial cyst excision, Thyroglossal cyst excision, salivary gland surgery – submandibular, including removing stones from these glands, diagnostic procedure for head and neck cancer - Post nasal space examination and biopsy, pharyngo-laryngo-oesophagoscopy and biopsies, pharyngeal pouch surgery – Endoscopic stapling technique, Adenoid and tonsil surgery
Areas of interest
- Lesa Bristow
- B M I Lincoln Hospital Church Lane Lincoln LN2 1QU
- 01522 829521
- 07717 756968
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Owain Thompson Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Lincoln County Hospital
Middle ear diseases
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
1. Antibiotic prophylaxis post-tonsillectomy; is it of benefit?
Colreavy M, Nanan D, Benamer M, Donnelly M, Blaney A, O’Dwyer T, Cafferkey M.
International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 1999 Oct 15;50(1):15-22.
2. Tracheobronchial foreign bodies in children.
Jamal H. Benamer, Chillem Kareemullah, Mohamed H. Benamer,
Abdulaziz Shembish. Saudi Medical Journal 2000; Vol. 21 (7): 672-674
3. Ibn Al-nafis and treating otitis externa with vinegar. M Benamer. Foundation for Science Technology and Civilisation (FSTC) AOP, published 17 June 2005.
4. Lingual Osseous Choristoma: case report and review of literature. M Benamer, A M Elmangoush. Libyan J Med. Mar 2007, Vol 2, Number 1, (AOP 061211).
5. Medical Records and Correspondence Demand Respect. M Benamer, Libyan J Med, Sept 2007, Vol 2, Number 3, (AOP: 070618).
6. Noise Pollution, M Benamer, Ibnosina Health Newsletter, June 2008.
7. The Management of Rhinosinusitis with Intensive Combined Medical Treatment-Auditing of a Practice M. Benamer, Mohammed S. Hammed, Ibnosina Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Vol 1, No 1 (2009)
Courses offered to GPs
Survival skills course in ENT
- MBBS Benghazi University 1988
- FRCS(ORL-HNS) RCSI 2006
- DLO Royal College of Surgeon, England 1994
- FRCSI RCSI 1995
- MSc University of York 2005
- PGCME University of York 2011
Reference number 4609726
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC ( specialist Register), 2008
Affiliations / memberships
- Nettleham RoadLINCOLNLN2 1QU
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 01522 578000
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
depending on the site of treatment:
BMI lincoln, contact 01522 578000
BMI The park, contact 0115 9662000