- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Salem is a fellowship trained spine surgeon. The scope of his practice covers various aspects of adult spinal degenerative conditions, adult spinal deformity, spinal tumours and spinal trauma management.
After completing the trauma surgical rotation in the East Midlands (Derby and Nottingham), Mr Salem dedicated two years towards completing a Doctorate in Medicine (DM) from Nottingham University as a full time researcher. Over the six years to follow, he successfully completed his higher surgical training in trauma and orthopaedic surgery from the prestigious East Midlands (North) rotation, awarded the intercollegiate fellowship in the speciality (FRCS (T&O)) in 2011 and was admitted to the specialist register for trauma and orthopaedics in 2013.
Mr Salem’s sub-specialist training was completed over two years in two internationally leading centres in the field of complex spinal surgery. The first in The Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery (CSSS) in Nottingham while the second was The Combined Adult Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic Spine fellowship as an AOspine North American fellow in the Vancouver Spine Surgery Institute and the University of British Columbia – Vancouver, Canada.
Upon his return, Mr Salem was appointed as a consultant spinal Surgeon at the internationally renowned Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery, Queens Medical Centre - Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust in 2015. He is currently the advanced Spine Surgery fellowship director in the Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery.
Mr Salem has authored several academic articles and spine surgery book chapters and has been invited on numerous occasions as a speaker in national and international meetings. He remains committed to evidence based spinal care and is actively involved in a number of research projects at any given time.
Areas of interest
Mr Salem’s areas of interest are primarily adult spinal deformity, minimally invasive spinal surgery, spinal tumours and trauma surgery.
- Ms Ruth Thompson - Medical Secretary / The Booking
- Spire Nottingham Hospital Tollerton Lane Tollerton Nottingham NG12 4GA
- 0115 937 7801
- Ms Sophiea Ali - Private Patients Accounts Manager
- Nottingham Woodthorpe Hospital 748 Mansfield Road Woodthorpe Nottingham NG5 3FZ
- 0115 920 9209
- Ms Stacey Taylor - Private Secretary
- The Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery Queens Medical Centre Derby Road Nottingham NG7 2UH
- 0115 924 9924
- 07973 571628
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Andrew Taylor Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am a consultant spinal Surgeon at the Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery (CSSS)- Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham.
I am the Head of Service at the CSSS
I am the Advanced Spinal Fellowship Director at the CSSS
Adult spinal Deformity techniques and outcomes.
Degenerative spinal pathology; Diagnostics and treatment outcomes
- AO North America Spine Surgery Fellowship University of British Columbia - Vancouver, Canada 2015
- Advanced Spinal Surgery Fellowship The Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery - Nottingham, United Kingdom 2014
- European Spine Surgery Diploma Eurospine Foundation, Switzerland 2014
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (C.C.T) Joint Committee for Specialist Training (JCST) & The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, United Kingdom 2013
- F.R.C.S. (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Intercollegiate Speciality Board, United Kingdom 2011
- Doctorate in Medicine (DM) The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom 2008
Reference number 5206841
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
In the rare where additional advice is required following hospital discharge, the patient will be provided with contact details for a link person at the hospital and I will be personally contacted by the hospital for further management.