- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Prof CK Sinha is a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon with a special interest in General Paediatric Urology.
- He has over 20 years experience in Paediatric Surgery & Urology.
- He has attained specialist training in the London Deanery and has worked in many world-renowned hospitals like, The Great Ormond Hospital for Children (London), King’s College Hospital (London), Birmingham Children Hospital (Birmingham), Royal London Hospital (London) in the UK and the KEM Hospital (Mumbai), IMS (Varanasi) in India.
- He has earned FRCS in Paediatric Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and MCh. in Paediatric Surgery from IMS, India
- He has also earned FRCS (Edinburgh), and FRCS (Ireland).
- He has published over 100 publications and 16 books,
- His popular books are: “Handbook of Paediatric Surgery”, published by Springer London- New York and "Future Doctor" for aspirants doctors published by Austin Macauley, London- New York
- He is also a Member of the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons (BAPS); European Paediatric Surgery Association (EUPSA); Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons (IAPS) and Asian Association of Paediatric Surgeons (AAPS).
- He has done over 50 national & international presentations on prestigious platforms across 13 different countries like the UK, India, USA, Canada, Argentina, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Sweden, Slovenia, and Nepal.
- He is also a Faculty at the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the Oxford Medical training for Consultants, ST/CT and Medical School interview courses.
Areas of interest
GENERAL Paediatric Surgery & Urology:
Undescended testes (Orchidopexy);
Ingrowing Toe nail,
MINIMALLY INVASIVE Paediatric Surgery:
Laparoscopic diagnosis for Abdomen pain;
Laparoscopic diagnosis & treatment of
UPPER & LOWER GASTROINTESTINAL Paediatric Surgery:
Operations for Feeding (Gastrostomy)
Surgical causes of abdomen pain
Per rectal bleeding, Rectal prolapse,
Constipation, Imperforate anus, Hirschsprung's disease etc.
Lymphangiomas, Haemangiomas etc.
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
St George's University Hospital,
- Undescended testes
- Meckel’s diverticulum
- Appendix carcinoid
- Thirty days Re-admissions in Pediatric surgery
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia,
- Oesophageal atresia
- Pneumatosis Intestinalis in Children
- Importance of social media for patients
and families affected by congenital anomalies
- Thyroid Surgery in Children
- Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy
- Spleen cysts
- Trauma in Children: abdomen and Thorax
- Organise Interview skills courses for
Consultants, ST/ CT and Medical School
Author of "Handbook of Paediatric Surgery,
published by Springer New York-London
- Author of "FUTURE DOCTORS" - a book for candidates who want to become doctors.
BMA Book Award;
College Color Medal;
Certificate of Merit- Indian Red Cross Society;
Competent Communicator Toast Master International;
State Merit Scholarship
FRCS Paediatric Surgery, (England);
MCh (Paediatric Surgery);
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Fluent
- Bihari - Fluent
- Arabic - Basic
- Gujarati - Basic
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Basic
- Bengali - Basic
- Marathi (Marāṭhī) - Basic
- Over 100 Publications.
- Chief Editor and Author for 16 books.
Most popular books-
“Handbook of Paediatric Surgery”, published by Springer London- New York -Over 16,000 downloads
-Few important publications:
1. The need of Paediatric Emergency Laparotomy Audit (PELA) in the UK? Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2020; 102(3): 209–213
2. Systematic review and meta-analysis of appendiceal carcinoid tumors in children. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2018 Aug;65(8):e27069
3. Paediatric duodenal injury complicated by common bile duct rupture due to blunt trauma: A multi-specialist approach. BMJ case report. 2018-225221
4. Paediatric appendicectomy training in the UK: is the pendulum swinging too far. RCS Bulletin, 2018;100(4):179-183
5. Thirty-days readmissions in pediatric surgery: The first U.K. experience. J Pediatr Surg. 2016;51(11):1877-1880
6. Pneumo-peritoneum in the Setting of Pneumatosis Intestinalis in Children: Is Surgery Always Indicated? Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2017;27(1):12-15
7. The importance of social media for patients and families affected by congenital anomalies: A Facebook cross-sectional analysis and user survey. J Pediatr Surg. 2016;51(11): 1766-1771
8. Thyroid Surgery in Children: Clinical Outcomes. Euro J Pediatr Surg, 2015;25:425-429
9. L Biassoni, Marina E, CK Sinha. Technetium-99m-pertechnetate scintigraphy in children with symptomatic Meckel’s diverticulum. Nuclear Medicine Communications 2015;36:406-407
10. Predictors of Histological Risk of Recurrence of Appendicular inflammation in children with a successfully treated Appendix Mass’.
Journal of Pediatric Surgery Specialities, 2015;84:22-26
11. Trauma in Children: abdomen and Thorax. Review article. Surgery, 2013;31:123-129.
12. Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy for Palmar Hyperhidrosis in Children: 21 years experience at a tertiary care centre. Euro J Pediatr Surg 2013; 23:486-9
13. Meckel’s Scan in Children: A review of 183 cases referred to two Paediatric surgery specialist centres over 18 years. Pediatr Surg Int, 2013;29:511-7
14. An 18 year review of Exomphalos highlighting the association with malrotation. Pediatr Surg Int, 2011 27:1151-1154
15. Non-parasitic splenic cysts in children: current status. The Surgeon (Journal of RCS of Edinburgh & Ireland) 2011; 9:49-53
Courses offered to GPs
- Common Paediatric Surgical Problems
- Abdomen pain in children,
- Inguinoscrotal swellings in children,
- Surgical causes of Vomiting in children
- Foreskin problems
- Red Flags in Paediatric Surgery
- FRCS Edinburgh 2001
- FRCS Paediatric Surgery The Royal College of Surgeon of England 2010
- MCh Paediatric Surgery IMS, BHU, India 1996
- FRCS Ireland 2000
Reference number 5171428
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Governance Lead, Dept of Paediatric Surgery & Urology St George's University Hospital, London 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Paediatric Surgeon, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Paediatric Surgeons (BAPS);
European Paediatric Surgery Association (EUPSA);
Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeon (IAPS);
Asian Association of Paediatric Surgeons (AAPS).
- 164-178 Cromwell RoadLONDONSW5 0TU
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 07712 127636
- Spire London East Hospital, Woodford, IG4 5PZ
- 15:30 - 17:30
- 020 8709 7878
- Spire St Anthony's Hospital, Cheam, Sutton, SM39DW
- 15:00 - 17:00
- 07712 127636
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details