- Fee assured
- Verified this account
• CK Sinha is a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at St George’s University Hospital, London. He has over 20 years experience in Paediatric Surgery. He underwent specialist training in Paediatric Surgery in London deanery and the Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi, India and has also worked in many world renowned hospitals like, Great Ormond Hospital for Children, London, King’s College Hospital, London, Birmingham Children Hospital, King Faisal Hospital, Saudi Arabia, and KEM Hospital & Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai, India.
• He has earned FRCS in Paediatric Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and M.Ch. in Paediatric Surgery from IMS, India.
• He has also earned FRCS (Edinburgh), and FRCS (Ireland).
• He has published over 115 publications and 15 books,
• His popular books are:
-“Handbook of Paediatric Surgery”,
published by Springer London- New York.
-“SARP” Medical School Admission book,
published by Oxford Medical Training,
- PGMAT (Post-Graduate Medical
Admission Test) book, published by
Scientific Book Co., India
• He is also “Academic Supervisor” for London deanery and Honorary Senior Lecturer in St George’s Medical School. He is actively involved in training the new generation.
• He is also a Member of the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons (BAPS); European Paediatric Surgery Association (EUPSA); Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeon (IAPS) and Asian Association of Paediatric Surgeons (AAPS).
• He has done over 50 national & international presentations on prestigious platforms across 13 different countries like, the UK, India, USA, Canada, Argentina, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Sweden, Slovenia, and Nepal.
• Coach / Faculty at the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the Oxford Medical training for Consultants, ST/CT and Medical School interview courses.
Areas of interest
GENERAL Paediatric Surgery:
Inguinal hernia; Hydrocele;
Testes swellings; Torsion testes;
Umbilical hernia; Epigastric hernia;
Lipoma; Sebaceous cysts; Abscess;
Abdomen pain; Appendicitis; Abdomen cyst;
MINIMALLY INVASIVE Paediatric Surgery:
Laparoscopic diagnosis for Abdomen pain;
Laparoscopic diagnosis & treatment of
Laparoscopic- Appendicectomy, Gastrostomy,
UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL Paed Surgery
Operations for Feeding
Surgical causes of abdomen pain
Operation for Gall stones
Operations for Gastrooesophageal reflux
LOWER Gastrointestinal Paediatric Surgery:
Per rectal bleeding, Rectal prolapse
Imperforate anus (anorectal malformations),
Lymphangiomas, Haemangiomas etc.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
St George's University Hospital,
- Thirty-days Readmissions in pediatric surgery
- Undescended testes
- Appendix Mass
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia,
- Oesophageal atresia
- Pneumatosis Intestinalis in Children
- The importance of social media for patients
and families affected by congenital anomalies
- Thyroid Surgery in Children
- Meckel’s diverticulum
- Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy
- Carcinoid in children
- Spleen cysts
- Trauma in Children: abdomen and Thorax
- Organise Interview skills courses for
Consultants, ST/ CT and Medical School
- Author of "Handbook of Paediatric Surgery,
published by Springer New York-London
- Author of "SARP" medical school admission
book, Published by Oxford Medical
- I write ‘Hindi’ poetry.
- I am interested in cooking and I am forever
trying out new recipes (randomised trial in
kitchen), sometimes with interesting result!!
College Color Medal;
Certificate of Merit- Indian Red Cross Society;
State Merit Scholarship
FRCS Paediatric Surgery, (England);
MCh (Paediatric Surgery);
Done 117 Publications.
Chief Editor and Author for 15 books.
Most popular books- “Handbook of Paediatric Surgery”, published by Springer London- New York
Few Recent publications:
1. Thirty-days readmissions in pediatric surgery: The first U.K. experience.J Pediatr Surg. 2016;51(11):1877-1880
2. Pneumo-peritoneum in the Setting of Pneumatosis Intestinalis in Children: Is Surgery Always Indicated? Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2017;27(1):12-15
3. The importance of social media for patients and families affected by congenital anomalies: A Facebook cross-sectional analysis and user survey. J Pediatr Surg. 2016;51(11): 1766-1771
4. Thyroid Surgery in Children: Clinical Outcomes. Euro J Pediatr Surg, 2015;25:425-429
5. L Biassoni, Marina E, CK Sinha. Technetium-99m-pertechnetate scintigraphy in children with symptomatic Meckel’s diverticulum. Nuclear Medicine Communications 2015;36:406-407
6. Predictors of Histological Risk of Recurrence of Appendicular inflammation in children with a successfully treated Appendix Mass’.
Journal of Pediatric Surgery Specialities, 2015;84:22-26
7. Trauma in Children: abdomen and Thorax. Review article. Surgery, 2013;31:123-129.
8. Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy for Palmar Hyperhidrosis in Children: 21 years experience at a tertiary care centre. Euro J Pediatr Surg 2013; 23:486-9
9. Meckel’s Scan in Children: A review of 183 cases referred to two Paediatric surgery specialist centres over 18 years. Pediatr Surg Int, 2013;29:511-7
10. An 18 year review of Exomphalos highlighting the association with malrotation. Pediatr Surg Int, 2011 27:1151-1154
11. Non-parasitic splenic cysts in children: current status. The Surgeon (Journal of RCS of Edinburgh & Ireland) 2011; 9:49-53
Courses offered to GPs
- Common Paediatric Surgical Problems
- Abdomen pain in children,
- Inguinoscrotal swellings in children,
- Surgical causes of Vomiting in children
- Foreskin problems
- FRCS Paediatric Surgery The Royal College of Surgeon of England 2010
- MCh Paediatric Surgery IMS, BHU, India 1996
- FRCS Edinburgh 2001
- FRCS Ireland 2000
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Paediatric Surgeon, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Paediatric Surgeons (BAPS);
European Paediatric Surgery Association (EUPSA);
Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeon (IAPS);
Asian Association of Paediatric Surgeons (AAPS)..
- Spire St Anthony's Hospital, Cheam, Sutton, SM39DW
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 07712 127636
- St. George's Hospital, Tooting, London, SW17 0QT
- 17:30 - 18:30
- 07712 127636
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.