- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Head & neck oncology
Mr Jay Goswamy is a Consultant ENT Surgeon practicing all aspects of adult and paediatric ENT. His particular areas of interest are the surgical management of benign and malignant head and neck diseases including thyroid and salivary gland surgery as well as adult airway and voice surgery.
His NHS practice is based at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, The Christie and in East Cheshire (Macclesfield).
After completing medical school in Sheffield with distinction Jay completed his surgical training in and around Manchester. To complete his training he was awarded a surgical fellowship at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in London, where he was trained by senior surgeons from ENT, Maxillofacial and Plastic surgery in advanced head and neck, facial plastic and airway surgery.
He chairs the North Western regional shared airway multi-disciplinary meeting and organizes academic research positions within his unit for medical students and junior doctors to advance the understanding of head and neck cancer and adult airway disease.
Jay Goswamy is an examiner for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons examination. He is also on the selection committee for national core surgical training and national selection for specialist training in ENT surgery.
Outside of medicine he is a figurative painter, fitness enthusiast and aspiring golfer.
Areas of interest
Adult ENT; Paediatric ENT; Head and Neck Benign and Malignant; Thyroid; Salivary Gland Disease, Airway; Voice; Sinus Disease; Skin Cancer; Glue Ear; Ear Wax; Tongue Tie; Tonsillitis; Neck Lumps; Blocked Nose; Difficulty Swallowing; Snoring Surgery; Laser Surgery
- Jen Richardson
- Consultant Care Ltd BMI The Alexandra Hospital Mill Lane Cheadle SK8 2PX
- 0161 393 3991
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Lee Feddy Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
University Hospital of South Manchester (Wythenshawe)
East Cheshire (Macclesfield)
Head and Neck Cancer
Courses offered to GPs
ENT for Primary Practice
Common ENT conditions and how to manage them
The Adult Airway, when asthma isn't improving
Recent advances in Head and Neck Cancer
The Thyroid, joined care between the MDT and the Primary Care Physician
- MBChB University of Sheffield 2006
- DOHNS The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2009
- MRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2009
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2014
- Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Education Edge Hill University 2013
Reference number 6144558
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Question Writer for the FRCS Intercollegiate Examination Joint Committee on Intercollegiate Examinations 2017
- Interviewer for Specialist Training in ENT The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2017
- Interviewer for Core Surgical Training The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2017
- Chair Manchester Safer Surgery and Procedures Working Group 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT Otorhinolaryngology, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists
Manchester Medical Society
British Medical Association
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details