- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Dr Manish Gupta was appointed as the consultant in NHS in Dec 2010. He joined NHS Greater Glasgow in August 2011 and since then he is looking after the Medical Retina service at Queen Elizabeth University Hospital and Stobhill Hospital. His service also delivers general ophthalmology clinics and cataract operating lists.
Dr Gupta is an honorary senior Clinical lecturer with University of Glasgow and examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow. He has co-authored book chapters and has publications in international journals. He is actively involved in training of other Health Professionals including Opticians, Nurses and General Practitioners and regularly run courses for Optometrists. He is also a consultant trainer for opticians at the West of Scotland Teach and Treat (WOSCOTT) clinic.
Areas of interest
Small incision cataract surgery - Phacoemulsification including complex cases; Dry Eyes and Glaucoma; Medical Retina diagnosis and management;Diabetic laser and Yag Capsulotomy;
Intravitreal injections for Age related macular degeneration, Diabetes & Vein Occlusion.
- Stephanie Wright
- 07950 540168
Current NHS consultant posts held
NHS Greater Glasgow
RSM (Royal Society of Medicine) Squint Forum Prize 2010 – Best Paper for the oral Presentation at BIPOSA- 2009 meeting in Glasgow
First Prize in Poster presentation at Scottish Ophthalmic Club meeting at Sterling on 26.02.2010
First Prize in Poster presentation at Scottish Ophthalmic Club meeting at Sterling on 24.02.2006
1. Webb L, Gupta M. Mechanism of cataract formation. Chapter 107 in the Lens section of the Albert and Jakobiec’s Principle and Practice of Ophthalmology 3rd edition.
2. M Gupta, J Talks. Idiopathic Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy (IPCV). Ophthalmopaedia (online learning resource commissioned by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists)
Articles in Journal: Last 5 Years
1. Siempis T, El Abiary M, Patel R, Gupta M. Twenty four month real world visual outcomes of intravitreal Aflibercept as monotherapy for the treatment of neovascular age related macular degeneration. – Oman Journal of Ophthalmology – May-Aug 2019
2. Lim L, Chia S, Ah-Kee E, Chew N, Gupta M. Advances in management of Diabetic Macula Oedema based on the evidence from Diabetic retinopathy clinical research network, Review Article – Singapore Medical Journal – May 2015
3. Aspinall P, Borooah S, Alouch A, Roe J, Laude A, Gupta R, Gupta M, Montarzino A, Dhillon B. Gaze and Pupil Changes during navigation in age related macular degeneration. Br J Ophthalmol – On Line May 15, 2014
Courses offered to GPs
1. Real world experience of intravitreal dexamethasone implant (Ozurdex) in diabetic macular oedema – S Gajree, S Chakrabarti, M Gupta. EURETINA, Paris 2019
2. 4 year “real world” outcomes of intravitreal Aflibercept for ARMD in Glasgow – J Hind, M Edington, S Ramamurthi, D Gilmour, M Gupta, M Gavin. EURETINA Vienna Sept 2018
3. OCT Live: Bringing multimodality imaging to life – Keynote Lecture, Eye care Conference Glasgow Jan 2017
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2017
- MRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2013
- MRCS The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2005
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2004
- Advanced Certificate in Clinical Education Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2017
Reference number 5208521
Affiliations / memberships
Scottish Ophthalmological Club
All Indial Ophthalmic Society
- Black & Lizars131 Fenwick...
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 0141 621 1122
- Nuffield Hospital
- 17:30 - 18:30
- 0141 530 3608
- Ross Hall Hospital, Glasgow
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.