- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
My theoretical approach is psychodynamic, which means the past can be unconsciously influencing the present, and can cause difficulties in relationships and dramatically affect outlook and mood.Through careful exploration it is possible to understand what is underlying the difficulties and to adopt some strategies to help avoid further episodes from returning.
A few examples of psychological issues which are proven to benefit from counselling include (but are not limited to) when you are feeling worried, depressed, acting out of character, unable to focus on home or work or repeating patterns of unhelpful behaviour. In addition to the above, there are countless examples why counselling can really help.
Working collaboratively in a confidential and professional environment, my practice provides a safe and therapeutic platform for change.
Areas of interest
Depression; anxiety; trauma; PTSD; low mood; loss of self confidence; workplace stress; lack of drive and motivation; midlife crisis; relationship issues
Current NHS consultant posts held
I work as a Senior Counsellor/supervisor and trauma therapist 3 days a week in the NHS.
- BACP accredited Diploma in Psychodynamic Integrative counselling Crawley College 2004
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling supervsion Dr Kathy Raffles Counselling servicesTaunton 2014
- EMDR training Aexander Richman London 2014
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy Anna Freud institute 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Senior accredited BACP 2016
Affiliations / memberships
BACP senior accredited
- bn counselling1 Cedar AvenueHaywards HeathRH16 4UQ
- 08:00 - 19:00
- 07713 637220
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0771 363 7220