- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower GI
- Upper GI
Professor Ricky Sharma is Chair of Radiation Oncology at University College London and the Head of Academic Radiotherapy at the UCL Cancer Institute. He is an Honorary Consultant in Clinical Oncology at University College London Hospitals and the Royal Free Hospital, where he has a clinical practice in radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Professor Sharma is an international authority on the translation of radiobiology from the laboratory to the clinic and on the multi-modality treatment of cancer with precision therapy.
Areas of interest
- Bernadette de Mello
- Harley Street at UCLH 5th floor, Macmillan Cancer Centre Huntley Street London NW1 2BU
- 020 3447 1744
- 020 7387 3025
- Jacky Martin
- The London Oncology Clinic 95 Harley Street London W1G 6AF
- 020 7317 2541
- Liz Biscoe
- Wellington Hospital 8A Wellington Place London NW8 9LE
- 020 7483 5933
- Oana Cozma
- PA to Professor Sharma The London Clinic 4th Floor 116 Harley Street London W1G 7JL
- 020 3219 3311
Video and telephone consultations
- Offers video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Clinical Oncology, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Consultant in Clinical Oncology, Royal Free London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Professor Sharma is Chair of Radiation Oncology at University College London and a Scientific Group Leader at the UCL Cancer Institute. Professor Sharma is an international authority on the translation of radiobiology from the laboratory to the clinic and on the multi-modality treatment of cancer with precision radiotherapy. Professor Sharma also leads international, multi-centre clinical trials testing new drug-radiotherapy combinations in patients with cancer.
Hill walking, running, piano.
Professor Sharma has published more than 150 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
He has edited one scientific textbook and written 7 chapters for cancer textbooks.
Courses offered to GPs
Advertised regularly on: www.precisiononcology.co.uk
- MA MB BChir University of Cambridge 1995
- MRCP, FRCP Royal College of Physicians 1998
- FRCR Royal College of Radiologists (Clinical Oncology) 2005
- PhD University of Leicester 2001
Reference number 4151780
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT Clinical Oncology, 2006
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Contact via UCLH Switchboard.