- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- General cardiology
I am a consultant cardiologist that practises in the NHS at University Hospital Southampton and privately at the Spire Southampton and Nuffield Wessex Hospitals.
I am fully trained in all aspects of general cardiology; my subspecialty areas of expertise are in echocardiography and heart valve disease.
Areas of interest
I review patients with the following symptoms:
Chest pain; breathlessness; dizziness; light-headedness; loss of consciousness; palpitations; ankle swelling; cough.
I see and treat patients with the following conditions:
Coronary artery disease; heart failure; arrhythmias; heart valve disease (aortic stenosis; aortic regurgitation; mitral stenosis; mitral regurgitation; tricuspid regurgitation); pericarditis; myopericarditis; pacemaker implantation.
I perform the following tests:
Transthoracic echocardiography; transoesophageal echocardiography; stress echocardiography; electrocardiogram (ECG); exercise treadmill test (ETT)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist at University Hospital Southampton, Southampton, UK
Clinical Excellence Award - Level 1
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Fluent
I have authored / co-authored over 60 publications: the full list can be seen at Pubmed, on this link:
- Batchelor of Science (BSc) Imperial College London 1999
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Imperial College London 2002
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians of London 2005
- Doctorate in Medicine (MD) Imperial College London 2016
- Fellowship in Advanced Cardiac Imaging Univeristy Hospital Southampton 2014
Reference number 6054397
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Program Committee Chair British Heart Valve Society 2018
- Education Committee Member British Society of Echocardiography 2018
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.