- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital, Ramsay Winfield Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Surgical retinal
Mr Kaintatzis specialises in cataract surgery, retinal surgery and medical retina conditions and has over 10 years of experience in the specialty.
Additional to his ophthalmic training, he has completed 3 years of subspecialty surgical training in highly respected eye centres in the country including Cheltenham General Hospital, Bristol Eye Hospital and Liverpool Royal Hospital.
Mr Kaintatzis performs more than 1000 cataract operations and 200 retinal surgeries per year.
He specialises in the following eye surgery procedures:
- Cataract surgery (including multifocal lenses and toric lenses for spectacle independence
- Complex cataract surgery (after previous eye surgery or injury)
- Macular Hole repair vitrectomy
- Epiretinal Membrane removal vitrectomy
- Retinal Detachment repair surgery
- Dislocated Lens Implant Repositioning surgery
- Retinal laser for retinal tears
- Treatment for wet macular degeneration (wet AMD, Lucentis, Eylea)
- Diabetic eye surgery vitrectomy
- Retinal laser & surgery for diabetic eye / diabetic retinopathy
For more details on specific conditions treated, please visit his website by clicking on the link "Website" at the top of the page.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery - option for multifocal & toric lenses
Retinal surgery - Vitrectomy
Vitreous Floaters treatment
Macular degeneration Lucentis & Eylea Injections
Diabetic eye treatment
- Karen Ramsden
- Lansdown Lodge Lansdown Road Cheltenham GL51 6QL
- 01242 522475
- 07776 100523
- 01242 253816
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Matthew Oram Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist - Cataract Surgery, Vitreoretinal Surgery and Medical Retina
Cheltenham General Hospital
Gloucester Royal Hospital
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Native or bilingual
- Medical Retina & Uveitis Fellowship Bristol Eye Hospital 2013
- Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship Cheltenham Hospital 2014
- Senior Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship Liverpool Royal Hospital 2015
Reference number 6120024
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- General Medical Council GMC 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Opthalmology Specialty Register, 2012
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.