- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Mr Butler-Manuel began his medical training at St Thomas’s Hospital, London. Following his graduation from the Guy’s and St Thomas’s registrar training scheme he was appointed Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon, with a special interest in hip and knee surgery at the then brand new Conquest Hospital in 1993 as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Following his appointment to the Conquest hospital, Mr Butler-Manuel was the clinical lead for Audit for six years developing a coding system for all orthopaedic surgery.
Appointed Clinical lead for Orthopaedics in 2007 he now heads the directorate to encompass the changes inline with Local, National and European directives. He is also a member of the Oxford partial knee replacement and the AGC total knee system user group faculties.
Mr Butler-Manuel and Mr Hugh Apthorp have developed a dedicate lower limb research unit who carry our audit, manage the national joint registry for the Trust and research based modernisation of services provided through long term follow up, patient satisfaction monitoring and clinical recommendations for good practice.
Areas of interest
• Ligament reconstruction including anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) • Knee surgery • Arthroscopy • Orthopaedics • Revision knee surgery (orthopaedic) • Arthroplasty • Reconstructive surgery • Chondroplasty • Durolane injections • Cortisone injections • Partial knee replacements (Oxford) • Chondrocyte cell transplant • Medial meniscal tears
- Catherine Goodsell
- Spire Sussex Hospital The Ridge ST LEONARDS-ON-SEA TN37 7RE
- 01424 757411
- 01424 757453
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon/Clinical Lead – Conquest Hospital, East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust, The Ridge, St Leonards On Sea, East Sussex, TN37 7RD
Please see - http://www.esht.nhs.uk/orthopaedics/consultants/adrian-butler-manuel/research/
I enjoy watching and participating in most sports. I now play 5 a side football on a regular basis. I also enjoy playing tennis and golf on a regular basis. In recent years I have developed a great interest in gardening. I have a long term interest in rock and blues music. My wife and I have two sons and a daughter.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Basic
Please see - http://www.esht.nhs.uk/orthopaedics/consultants/adrian-butler-manuel/miscellaneous/
Courses offered to GPs
Please see www.spirehealthcare.com/sussex for forthcoming gp talks.
- MB BS University of London 1981
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 1986
- FRCS (Orth) Intercollegiate Speciality Assessment Board 1992
Reference number 2722030
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Orthopaedic Association BOA 2013
- British Association of Surgery for the Knee BOA 2013
- British Medical Association BMA 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- Orthopaedics, 1981
- Spire Sussex Hospital, TN37 7RE
- 15:30 - 20:00
- 01424 757411
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Secretary - Tele: 01424 757411
Ward - Tele: 01424 757459