- Verified this account
- Pain medicine
Dr Tilak completed Pain management training from the University Hospital Bimingham, to be awarded FFPMRCA (Fellow of Faculty of Pain Medicine of the Royal College of Anaesthetists). His pursuit for excellence took him to London, post his CCT. He trained at The Royal Free Hospital in London for a further 6 months in Pain management, and worked there as a Consultant in Pain management prior to moving to Midlands.
He moved to Warwick hospital to develop multidisciplinary pain management service and is now the Lead of Pain management service at the South Warwickshire Foundation Trust. He is proficient in various aspects of complex pain management including interventions. He routinely does all type of pain injections under Xray and Ultrasound guidance.
Areas of interest
Spinal pain and sciatica.
Complex regional pain syndromes
Ultrasound guided Injections.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Anaesthetist and Lead Pain management service.
South Warwickshire Foundation Trust
Complex pain management.
Ultrasound guided interventions.
Aims to develop patient centred management plan, as chronic pain is recognised as a long term condition.
Courses offered to GPs
1. Recognising and managing chronic neuropathic pain
2. Opioids in chronic pain.
3. Assessing and management chronic pain as a longterm condition
- M.B.B.S Bombay University 1998
- D.A Bombay University 2003
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2008
- FFPMRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2012
- Fellowship in Pain Management The Royal Free Hospital 2012
Reference number 6093590
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- LPMES Royal college of Anaesthetist 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Royal College of Anaesthetist, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
- Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01926 427971
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Dev Tilak