- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Kasra Saeb-Parsy is a Consultant Urological Surgeon who moved to Cambridge (Addenbrooke’s Hospital) in 2016. He qualified from University of London in 1999 and embarked on his surgical training at the prestigious Hammersmith Hospital. Following completion of his surgical training, he spent the next 10 years conducting basic science and clinical research, in addition to completing his higher surgical training in Urology at the world renowned Cambridge University Hospitals. He was previously a consultant at Royal Free Hospital in London where he introduced HoLEP surgery at the trust and was the clinical lead for Prostate cancer diagnosis. He subsequently moved back to Cambridge in 2016. His mains interests are renal stone disease including Laser treatment. He also has a special interest in Laser treatment of prostate enlargement (HoLEP) as well as Prostate diagnostic including use of MRI in the investigation of elevated PSA. He sees patients with all aspects of general urology including chronic prostatitis and chronic pelvic pain. Mr. Saeb-Parsy has a keen interest on research and education. He organizes course on Laser management of stone disease and MRI of the prostate and biopsy and Emergency Urology. He has presented his research nationally and internationally and has been faculty on many international conferences. He is an Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy. He is the chief investigator for the ABSEIL trial (multi-centred trial) for novel non-invasive biomarker for diagnosis and follow up of bladder cancer. He is the first consultant to offer Rezum (water vapour treatment) for enlarged prostate in Cambridge.
Areas of interest
Elevated PSA; prostate cancer diagnosis; stone disease; endourology; Laser prostate surgery; HoLEP; TURP; haematuria; bladder cancer diagnosis; men's health; general urology; prostatitis, Rezum (vapour treatment of prostate)
- Katie Collins - Secretary
- Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital 4 Trumpington Road Cambridge CB2 8AF
- 0800 756 7771
- Sam Hobbs - Billing & Payments
- Medical Billing & Collection Connery House Repton Place White Lion Road Amersham HP7 9LP
- 01494 763999
Anaesthetists worked with
• Nominated for Inaugural John Anderson BAUS Award
• BAUS Regional Meeting Presentation Prize, Cambridge
• Best poster winner European Association of Urology, Paris
• Short Listed for Patey Prize presentation, Academic section of BAUS, Manchester
• Short listed for Patey Prize presentation, Society of Academic and Research Surgery, Cambridge
• Graduate Symposium Poster prize, Cambridge University,
• South West Surgeon’s presentation Prize
• Mabel Webb and AM Bird BSc Sch
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Persian (Farsi) - Fluent
• Surgical procedures for core urological trainees, Springer Chapter on TRUS and TP biopsy
• Prostate Ultrasound: Current Practice and Future Directions, Springer (2015). Chapter on “Application of Prostate Ultrasound for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia and Incontinence”
• Essential Surgery, Elsevier, 5th Edition, 2013. Chapter on Urology
• Instant Pharmacology. Wiley’s. Saeb-Parsy K, Assomull R, Khan FZ, Saeb-Parsy K, Kelly E.
• (2018) Progression and treatment rates using an active surveillance protocol incorporating image guided baseline biopsies and multi-parametric MRI monitoring for men with favourable risk prostate cancer. BJUI
• (2017). Evaluation of dysuria. BMJ (monograph)
• (2014). Evolution of repeat prostate biopsy strategies incorporating transperineal and MRI-TRUS fusion techniques. World J Urol.
• (2012). Diagnosis of bladder cancer by immunocytochemical detection of minichromosome maintenance protein 2 in cells retrieved from urine. BJC
• (2012). Joint first author. Risk profiles of prostate cancers identified from UK primary care using national referral guidelines. BJC
• (2011). Trends in use of radiotherapy and radical surgery for patients with bladder Urothelial Cell Carcinoma in East Anglia 1995-2006. BJUI.
• (2008). AURKA over-expression accompanies dysregulation of DNA-damage response genes in invasive urothelial cell carcinoma. Cell cycle.
• (2008). MT1-MMP regulates urothelial cell invasion via transcriptional regulation of Dickkopf-3. British Journal of Cancer.
• (2006). The long-term results of diltiazem treatment for anal fissure. International Journal of Clinical Practice.
• (2001). Randomized clinical trial of intravenous fluid replacement during bowel preparation for surgery. British Journal of Surgery
• (2001). Hepatic failure and haemochromatosis of Salers and Salers-cross cattle. Veterinary Pathology
• (1999). (Letter) Polymorphism in intron 4 of HFE does not compromise haemochromatosis mutation results. Nature Genetics
• (1998). The effects of heterozygosity for C282Y mutation on fibrosis and liver iron status in chronic hepatitis C. Hepatology
Reference number 4610243
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, we will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01223 370 920