- Fee assured
- Verified this account
An established ENT Consultant with over 30 years’ clinical experience, Dr James Fairley graduated from the University of London in 1978, with a BSc in Pharmacology. He then carried out drug development research in Sandoz, Basel, Switzerland and a Core Clinical Clerkship at Harvard University, before qualifying as a doctor from St Thomas’ in 1981, winning the Hadden Prize in Microbiology.
In partnership with his wife, Sylvia, a Nightingale Nurse and qualified Nurse Clinical Teacher, he has built a reputation for excellence in ENT private practice in Kent since 1993.
Mr Fairley also consults at the Harley Street ENT Clinic in London.
Areas of interest
Otology (ears); Deafness; Hearing Loss; Ear infections; Perforated ear drum; Otitis externa; Otitis media; Glue ear; Grommets; Tinnitus; cholesteatoma; BAHA; Balance disorders; Dizziness; Vertigo; Rhinology (nasal disorders); Laser surgery; Nasal polyps; Blocked nose; Allergies; Sinusitis; Deviated nasal septum; Septoplasty; Rhinoplasty / nose surgery; Sinus procedures incl. endoscopic sinus surgery; Throat disorders; Tonsils; Adenoids; Otoneurology; Mastoid disease
- Dan Sirigu
- Harley Street ENT Clinic 109 Harley Street London W1G 6AN
- 020 7486 7835
- Sylvia Fairley and Alison Bampton
- 71 Mill Court Ashford TN24 8DN
- 01233 642244
- 01233 662840
Anaesthetists worked with
- Independent reviews of Mr Fairley at iWantGreatCare.org - Used by more patients, to review more doctors than any other site
Current NHS consultant posts held
Formerly Consultant ENT Surgeon, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, 1993 to 2014
iWantGreatCare Certificate of Excellence 2017, 2018
Master of Surgery Thesis (University of London) 1996 " Correlation of nasal symptoms with objective findings and surgical outcome measurement "
Courses offered to GPs
Updates in ENT
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.phin.org.uk
Patients satisfaction and independent reviews at
The only area of ENT practice that is subject to National Audit (mortality data) is outcomes in Head & Neck cancer surgery; Mr Fairley does not carry out Head & Neck Cancer Surgery therefore there is no national audit outcome data.
We have not had any mortality in our surgical cases in the last 25 years.
The majority of ENT work is carried out in the out-patient clinic, where we carry out diagnostic procedures and prescribe medical treatment.
- BSc University of London 1978
- MBBS St Thomas' Hospital Medical School, University of London 1981
- FRCS (Otolaryngology) Royal College of Surgeons of England 1988
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (Otolaryngology) Royal College of Surgeons of England 1993
- Master of Surgery University of London 1996
Reference number 2719566
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Audit & Practice Advisory Group ENT UK (British Association of otolaryngologists/head & neck surgeons) 2014
- Former Chairman e-learning Group ENT ENT UK (British Association of otolaryngologists/head & neck surgeons) 2012
- Inaugural Survey Guardian for ENT UK ENT UK (British Association of otolaryngologists/head & neck surgeons) 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Otolaryngology (Ear Nose & Throat Specialist), 1993
Affiliations / memberships
Independent Doctors Federation
Royal College of Surgeons of England
Royal Society of Medicine, Sections Otology & Laryngology
British Society of Otology
European Rhinologic Society
Otorhinolaryngological Research Society
Medical Protection Society
British Society for the History of ENT
BAHA professionals group
Danish Society of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery (Honorary)
- BMI The Chaucer Hospital, CT4 7AR
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01233 642244
- Harley Street ENT Clinic, W1G 6AN
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 020 7224 2350
- Kent Institute Of Medicine & Surgery...
- 08:30 - 13:30
- 01233 642244
- One Ashford Hospital, Kennington Road,...
- 08:00 - 16:00
- 01233 642244
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details