- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
I am an experienced Chartered Counselling Psychologist currently working in private practice based in Nottinghamshire. BPS (British Psychological Society) Chartered since 2002 and registered with HCPC since 2009.
In addition I have been employed by NHS over 2 years working with the Physical Health Psychology department at Guys' and St Thomas' Hospital; working with individuals living with Genetic Conditions. In addition I have extensive experience in the area of treating individuals suffering with Chronic Pain and am Highly specialised in Chronic Low Back Pain (7 years).
I also specialise in working with individuals with various addictions; alcoholism, gambling, sex addictions, internet and gaming as well as having experience in the full range of mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, panic disorders, stress management and relationship difficulties.
Areas of interest
Anxiety, Panic disorder, Phobias, OCD, Depression, Chronic Pain, Physical Health problems, Pain management, Stress management, Sleep problems, Addictions; Sex addictions, Gambling addictions, Behavioural addictions, Alcohol dependency, Internet addictions, MS, Fibromyalgia, Blindness
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Physical disability
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Swedish - Native or bilingual
- German - Fluent
Courses offered to GPs
- PgDip in Counselling Psychology London Metropolitan University 2004
- MSc in Counselling Psychology London Metropolitan University 2002
- BSc in Psychology (Hons) London Metropolitan University 2001
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.