- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Miss Judith Hunter is a Senior Consultant Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon at Imperial College NHS & Imperial Private Healthcare at Charing Cross Hospital & The Lindo Wing St Mary’s Hospital. Miss Hunter graduated from the University of Cambridge with a first class degree and trained for over 10 years in plastic and reconstructive surgery in Cambridge, London and Melbourne. Miss Hunter attained her FRCS (Plast) in 2011 and her specialist registration in plastic surgery in 2013.
Miss Hunter has undertaken three microsurgery fellowships, at the Royal Marsden and St Thomas’s Hospitals in London and a year in Melbourne, Australia, for which she was awarded the Royal Society of Medicine Ellison-Cliffe Travelling Fellowship.
Miss Hunter carried out her research degree in the early detection of skin cancer and in her private practice, is a Senior Consultant within the SkinHealth UK network comprehensive screening service for early skin cancer detection, branded as SkinCheck. Referrals can be made via SkinCheck; SkinDiagnosis or direct referrals via SkinHealth UK. Consultations are a “see and treat” appointment within the OneStop Skin network. In addition to mole removal, Miss Hunter also consults with patients regarding cysts and scar revisions at her weekly skin clinics at Charing Cross Hospital. For weekly appointments, please call: 07980 307829 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Hunter has a special interest in all forms of breast reconstruction, especially using free tissue transfer (DIEP) and transverse upper gracilis (TUG); she also has extensive experience in body contouring surgery after massive weight loss. Miss Hunter consults in her private practice within Imperial Private Healthcare at Charing Cross Hospital & The Lindo Wing, St Mary’s Hospital in Central London. For weekly appointments please call: 07980 307829 or email: email@example.com
Miss Hunter supports the major trauma centre on call for lower limb trauma as well as visiting Hammersmith Hospital to aid with complex wound repair.
Miss Hunter has honed her extensive experience to enhance her private cosmetic surgery practice, in which she has a particular specialism in breast surgery, including breast reduction/breast lift; breast augmentation; fat transfer; augmented mastopexy; breast asymmetry correction and tuberous breasts. Miss Hunter also specialises in body contouring - abdominoplasty; brachioplasty; liposuction; inner thigh lift; buttock lifts; fat transfer; labiaplasty and pinnaplasty.
Miss Hunter has developed her interest in teaching, having been formally trained to teach as a junior doctor in Cambridge. In her current NHS post, she has overseen the teaching rota; co-ordinated a microsurgical simulation training day; become a faculty member for clinical skills teaching and of the International Master’s in oncoplastic breast surgery microsurgery; she has judged at a national core trainee competition run by the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) faculty at the Imperial FRCS (Plast) viva and ST3 selection interview courses. Miss Hunter has set up a microsurgery simulation lab; organised anatomy teaching and set up a new cadaveric flap course in the anatomy department.
Miss Hunter has an MD research degree from Cambridge and continues to contribute to the plastic surgery literature, with over 30 papers in peer reviewed publications and over 25 presentations at national and international academic meetings.
Miss Hunter has introduced a new breast reconstruction spoke clinic working alongside breast surgeons at Northwick Park Hospital, so making it easier for patients living in North West London.
Areas of interest
Breast reconstruction DIEP; breast reconstruction TUG flap (including delayed reconstruction and nipple reconstruction); microsurgery; breast asymmetry; skin cancer; excision of skin lesions; Scar Revision; skin flaps; biopsy; punch biopsy; breast reduction; mammoplasty; breast uplift; breast augmentation; abdominoplasty; inner thigh lift; brachioplasty; liposuction; fat transfer; pinnaplasty; labiaplasty.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr John Gregory Myatt Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Charing Cross Hospital
London W6 8RF
Microsurgery simulation; early diagnosis of melanoma, clinical breast reconstruction
Walking dog; reading; travelling; cooking
MA 1st class (Cantab)
MB Bhir (Cantab)
Ellison Cliffe Travelling Award, RSM, 2013
BUPA Foundation Grant for research, 2004-6
Peter Brook Prize for Research in a psychiatric specialty 1999
Senior Whitby Scholar, Downing College, Cambridge, 1997
Winner Young Europeans Environmental Research Competition, 1994
(Additional) Languages spoken
- German - Conversational
1. Hunter JE, Drew PJ, Potokar TS, Dickson W, Hemington-Gorse SJ Albumin resuscitation in burns; a hybrid regime to mitigate fluid creep. Scars, Burns and Healing, Jan-Dec 2016 2: 2059513116642083
2. Hunter JE, Dower DR, Lardi AM, Farhadi J. ‘Evolution from TUG to PAP for breast reconstruction-comparison and refinements of technique’ J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2015 Jul;68(7):960-5.
3. Hunter JE, Mackey SP, Boca R, Harris PA. Microvascular modifications to optimize the transverse upper gracilis flap for breast reconstruction Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 Jun;133(6):1315-25
4. Stammers J, Williams D, Hunter J, Vesely M, Nielsen D. The impact of trauma centre designation on open tibial fracture management. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2013 Apr;95(3):184-7.
5. Hunter JE, Laing JHE. Demand management in plastic surgery for low priority procedures: the Welsh experience J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010 Nov;63(11):1778-86.
9. Emery JD, Hunter J, Watson AJ, Hall P, Moncrieff M, Walter FM. Accuracy of SIAscopy for pigmented skin lesions encountered in primary care: development and validation of a new diagnostic algorithm. BMC Dermatol 2010 Sept 25; 10:9
10. Hunter JE, Gilbert PM, Dheansa BS Correction of postburn superior pole breast deformity and macromastia – a novel approach Burns. 2009 Aug;35(5):746-9.
12. Hall PN, Hunter JE, Walter FM, Norris P. Use of a spectrophotometric intracutaneous device in the real-time diagnosis of melanoma in the setting of a melanoma screening clinic Br J Dermatol 2008 158 (2):420-42
15. Hunter JE, Teot L, Horch R, Banwell P. Evidence based Medicine: Vacuum Assisted Closure (VAC) in wound care management. Int Wound J. 2007 Sep;4(3):256-69
16. Hunter JE, Malata CM. Refinements of the LeJour vertical mammaplasty skin pattern for skin-sparing mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2007 May;60(5):471-81
17. Hunter JE, Wraight W, Dheansa B. Unrealistic expectations of plastic surgery trainees entering MMC. Ann R Coll Surg Engl (Suppl) 2007;89:75
18. Rogers RD, Everitt BJ, Baldacchino A, Blackshaw AJ, Swainson R, Wynne K, Baker NB, Hunter J, Carthy T, Booker E, London M, Deakin JF, Sahakian BJ, Robbins TW. ‘Dissociable deficits in the decision-making cognition of chronic amphetamine abusers, opiate abusers, patients with focal damage to prefrontal cortex, and tryptophan-depleted normal volunteers: evidence for monoaminergic mechanisms. Neuropsychopharmacology. 1999 Apr;20(4):322-39
Courses offered to GPs
18 March 2020 - Lister Hospital
07.20 - 08.30 hours Plastic & Reconstructive GP Breakfast Seminar
Lister Hospital Boardroom, Basement Level
Chelsea Bridge Road, London SW1W 8RH
View videos on youtube
- FRCS(Plast) Royal college of surgeons, England 2011
- MD University of Cambridge 2008
- BA/MA University of Cambridge 1997
- MB BChir University of Cambridge 1999
- Microsurgery Fellowship St Thomas's Hospital, London 2013
- Microsurgery Fellowship Royal Marsden Hospital 2012
- International Microsurgery Fellowship St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia 2014
Reference number 4675240
Details of entry to specialist register
- Plastic Surgery, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
RSM - council member, plastic surgery section
Faculty Masters Oncoplastic Breast surgery and Aesthetic Breast surgery, University of East Anglia
British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- 15th Floor, Private Patients DepartmentFulham...
- 10:30 - 12:00
- 07980 307829
- 15th Floor, Private Patients DepartmentFulham...
- 17:30 - 19:00
- 07980 307829
- Chelsea Bridge RoadLONDONSW1W 8RH
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 07980 307829
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
07980 307829 - also call for appointments 8.00 am - 10.00 pm