- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a full time NHS Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon and Clinical Lead for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Orthodontics at Bedford Hospital, Lead for the Facial Deformity MDT and Deputy Chair of the Skin Cancer MDT at Bedford Hospital. I was appointed in 2015 after completing a Royal College of Surgeons of England fellowship in Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery. I was awarded the Gold Medal in the FRCS(OMFS) examination and ranked number one in the UK at application to higher surgical training. I am a faculty member on national and international courses in the specialty and have an interest in teaching trainees. I am a reviewer for 3 UK based peer reviewed surgical journals and am actively involved in ongoing clinical research and audit.
Areas of interest
1) Surgical dermatology and the management of skin cancers of the head & neck, plus benign skin conditions. I have completed training in the use of dermoscopy to aid clinical diagnosis, and am fully trained in the use of medical lasers.
2)TMJ (jaw joint) problems and associated conditions. I receive referrals from a large part f the Midlands and East of England and can provide the full range of TMJ surgery including arthroscopy and open surgery. I do not provide joint replacement at present but am in the process of setting up a regional centre for joint replacement at Luton.
3) Facial deformity (traumatic or developmental) assessment and surgery, including orthognathic surgery, genioplasty, rhinoplasty and facial implants.
4) I have an ongoing interest and expertise in non-surgical and surgical facial aesthetics and skincare.
- Shakespeare Clinic
- c/o The Shakespeare Clinic 17 Shakespeare Road Bedford MK40 2DZ
- 01234 341753
- 07736 150835
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Alan Parbhoo has worked with Dr Henrietta Hill at the following hospitals:
- Spire Harpenden Hospital (1-5)
Mr Alan Parbhoo has worked with Dr Suhail M Zaidi at the following hospitals:
- Cobham Clinic (1-5)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Lead in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Orthodontics; Bedford Hospital
Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon; Bedford Hospital and Luton & Dunstable University Hospital.
Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon; Three Counties Laser & Skin Clinic, Bedford.
Deputy Chair of Skin Cancer MDT Bedford Hospital.
Reviewer for the British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and The Bulletin of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Skin cancer, orthognathic surgery, keratocystic odontogenic tumours, parotid surgery, facial trauma, facial reconstruction, orbital trauma.
Rock climbing, cycling, gardening.
FRCS OMFS Gold Medal
BSc (Molecular Medicine & Molecular Oncology) Research & Dissertation Prize
British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery,
Continuing Education in Anaesthesia, Critical Care & Pain,
Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Challenging Concepts in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery,
What They Didn't Teach you at Medical School
Courses offered to GPs
Early detection and management of oral cancer.
Early detection and management of skin cancer.
Management of disorders of the TMJ.
Triage and initial emergency treatment of maxillofacial trauma.
Management of facial soft tissue trauma.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/mr-alan-parbhoo-1
5 star patient satisfaction 2017, 2018 and 2019 on I Want Great Care website.
- FRCS OMFS (Gold Medal) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2015
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2005
- MBBS Royal Free & University College Medical School 2001
- BDS King's College London 2010
- BSc Molecular Medicine & Molecular Oncology University College London 2000
- Cosmetic & Reconstructive TIG Fellowship Royal College of Surgeons of England 2015
Reference number 6027909
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Deputy Chair of Skin Cancer LMDT Bedford Hospital 2016
- Deputy Chair of Skin Cancer LMDT Bedford Hospital 2017
- Clinical Lead for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Bedford Hospital 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
British Medical Laser Association
British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Ambrose LaneHARPENDENAL5 4BP
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01582 714486
- Shakespeare Clinic17 Shakespeare...
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01234 341753
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr. Parbhoo 07968110576