- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 23 Jul 2020
- Lower GI surgery
Mr Jayesh Sagar
Consultant Laparoscopic Colorectal and General Surgeon
MBBS, MS, MD, FRCS (General Surgery)
Mr Sagar is a general surgeon with a specialist interest in open and laparoscopic surgery.
Following his medicine qualification and masters in general surgery in India, he completed basic surgical training and membership examinations in UK. After a period of research at Royal Free Hospital and University College, London, he gained specialist surgical training (colorectal and general surgery) in the South-West Thames region. He completed his training with a senior fellowship in recurrent rectal cancer and pelvic floor surgery at St Thomas Hospital, London.
His practice mainly involves elective general and bowel surgery along with on call commitments for all general surgical emergencies. As a full trained surgeon, he offers expertise in open and laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for bowel cancer and inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis). He also offers Single Port Laparoscopic (Single incision keyhole) surgery mainly for bowel pathologies. Along with laparoscopic surgery for hernias (groin, abdominal, incisional), he also deals with all aspects of ano-proctology (piles, fissures, fistulas,warts, etc) including HALO and THD. He also specialises in trans-anal minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS) for large rectal polyps and early rectal cancer. He is an accredited endoscopist (OGD, Colonoscopy and polyp removal). Specialist training in pelvic floor dysfunction allows him to offer patients effective management of evacuatory disorders, rectal prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders..
· Minimal Access Surgery
· Bowel Cancer Surgery
· Early Rectal Cancer Surgery
· Inflammatory Bowel Disease
· Gastrointestinal Surgery
· Hernia Repair Surgery
Areas of interest
Special Clinical Interest:
· Single port Laparoscopic surgery for cancer and benign diseases
· Laparoscopic inflammatory bowel disease surgery
· Laparoscopic hernia surgery
· Trans-anal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
· Upper GI endoscopy and Colonoscopy
· Ano-proctology and pelvic floor disorders
Laser fistula surgery
Academic Interest and Medical Education:
· Mr Sagar has been awarded MD from University College, London.
· He has several publications in peer reviewed journals.
· He is currently also involved actively in publications of his special interests.
· He has been actively involved in teaching of junior doctors, medical students and nurses on a regular basis.
· He spent four years as an honorary clinical teacher at University College, London.
· He has been an undergraduate specialty lead for Surgery at Luton and Dunstable Hospital for four years.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon
Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS trust
Early rectal cancer
Pelvic floor disorders
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2012
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2003
- MD University of London 2009
- MS M.S. University 2001
- Fellowship Guys and St Thomas Hospital, London 2015
Reference number 5202026
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
Association of Colo-proctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details