- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a specialist Cognitive-Behavioural therapist and fully accredited with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies. I have 10 years of experience within the NHS, specialising in helping individuals with anxiety and depression.
I am trained in a diverse range of therapeutic models including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Behavioural Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) and am currently training in Behavioural Couples Therapy for Depression (BCT). As part of my NHS role I am involved in the supervision of other mental health professionals. I have significant post qualification training in therapeutic techniques and am able to deliver both short term and longer term therapeutic interventions depending on your needs.
We would be able to work together to help you understand where your difficulties have stemmed from and what may be maintaining them. By understanding these cycles, we will be able to help you change them at your pace.
I am based in Richmond, walking distance from North Sheen and Mortlake train stations and am available for evening or Saturday appointments. I also offer telephone or skype sessions if you were to find that a more convenient option.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am happy to speak with you about what therapy would involve and how it could help you. Please get in touch via email or phone and I would be happy to talk with you in confidence and without obligation.
I am happy to take self-referrals and referrals from other professionals.
Areas of interest
Excessive Worry (Generalised Anxiety Disorder);
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder;
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder;
Current NHS consultant posts held
CBT therapist in the NHS
- BSc (Hons) Psychology/Sociology City University 2007
- PG Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy University Of Surrey 2010
- PG Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Royal Holloway, University of London 2013
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing EMDR Works 2014
- Compassion Focused Therapy West London Mental Health Trust 2016
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy West London Mental Health Trust 2016
- Couples Therapy for Depression Royal Holloway, University of London 2016
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies