- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I did my undergraduate degree in Psychology at Oxford University. I went on to do my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of East London and qualified as a Clinical Psychologist in 2009.
I received additional training in CBT at the Institute of Psychiatry in London and in 2011 became a BABCP accredited CBT therapist. In 2012 I also did the specialist IAPT couple therapy for depression training at the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships.
I have over ten years of experience working in NHS psychology and therapy services for adults, older adults, children and families and those with learning disabilities.
From 2009 to 2016 I worked in various senior positions in Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services, working up to clinical lead level. As well as supervising and teaching CBT, I treated adults with depression and anxiety disorders using CBT, including third wave CBT approaches of mindfulness and compassion focused therapy. I also used couple therapy for depression when relationship distress contributed to one or both of the couple being depressed.
In 2016 I set up a private practice across two locations in Colchester and now treat adults and adolescents with a range of difficulties including depression, anxiety, trauma, relationship problems, sexual health problems, adjustment difficulties, and eating disorders. I also continue to supervise in CBT.
Areas of interest
* Perinatal psychology, working with parents-to-be experiencing antenatal depression or anxiety and new parents experiencing postnatal depression or anxiety and birth trauma.
* Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), including those with washing, checking and ordering compulsions and also violent, sexual or religious obsessions with or without mental rituals
* Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following traumas such as road traffic accidents, personal attacks or abuse, physical injuries and experience in the armed forces.
* Couple therapy for specific relationship problems, including sexual health, and relationship difficulties related to mental health problems in one or both of the couple.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Sexual health
- BA in Experimental Psychology University of Oxford 2004
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University of East London 2009
- CBT Institute of Psychiatry 2011
- Behavioural Couples Therapy Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships 2012