- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
As a fully qualified Integrative counsellor l collaboratively select which model of therapy is applicable / appropriate for each individual clients needs from a wide range of theories (CBT, psychodynamic, person-centred, existential, humanistic)
This approach is based on the fact we are all unique and belief that no one model can fully capture this. By having experience and practice in a range of approaches I am able to tailor the therapy to each client's specific needs. This entire process is based on the establishment of a genuine relationship between counsellor and client which in my experience stands at the ‘core’ of any therapeutic union. I will endeavour to facilitate the client to achieve better overall well-being, make the best choices for themselves and establish what steps to take to move forward at their own pace. All within a confidential space where the client can express emotions and personal issues in a non-judgemental environment.
I am a client-focused therapist, which permits you to direct which type of therapy you may feel you require, say for example, purely CBT - A goal-oriented therapy which facilitates you to unravel and identify current issues concerning dysfunctional thoughts, emotions and behaviours. You may require exploring past experiences which are preventing you to move forward or future-focused practice with the aim of facilitating you to determine and achieve personal goals, interests and objectives.
Author and speaker at the BACP Research Conference 2008 (Dissociative Identity Disorder)
- Higher Professional Dip Counselling (Distinction) – BACP accredited course Lewisham College 2008
- Postgraduate Certificate in Attachment-based TherapyW Wimbledon Gulid 2016
- Postgraduate Diploma in Attachment-based Therapy Wimbledon Guild 2016
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory - BACP accredited course Lewisham College 2005
- Introduction to Counselling - BACP accredited course Lewisham College 2004
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Accredited, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.