- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
I have 16 years successful experience in counselling adults, children and young people in a variety of settings including schools and within the NHS.
I am trained in the integrative counselling approach which means I have knowledge and experience in many different counselling methodologies including strongly evidence-based treatments such as mindfulness and CBT. This flexible approach means that the therapy can be tailored to suit your needs and your current situation. Whilst it is important to have all these theories in mind my primary aim is to ensure a trusting relationship develops between myself and my clients and in turn the therapy will flow naturally.
Most recently I have undertaken additional training in high intensity cognitive behavioural therapy which has a strong research base for a successful outcome with many difficulties including the treatment of depression, anxiety difficulties (phobias, excess worry, panic attacks, post traumatic stress disorder, social anxiety) and eating disorders.
As an accredited member of the BACP and BABCP I abide by their ethical frameworks for good practice and continue to keep up to date with current practice.
Areas of interest
Anxiety disorders; body dymsorphia; eating disorders; depression; obsessive compulsive disorder; couples therapy
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Post graduate diploma in psychological therapy (CBT) University of Sussex 2016
- Advanced diploma in integrative counselling and therapy Northbrook college of technology 2005
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited registered member BACP 2009
- Accredited memboer BABCP 2017
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.