- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Hand & Wrist
- Shoulder & Elbow
Mr Putti is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon working at Forth Valley Royal Hospital and at BMI Kings Park Hospital, Stirling. He graduated in 1999 and completed his Orthopaedic Residency in India. He did his Masters in Orthopaedic Surgery (M Ch Orth) from the University of Dundee in 2005. His Orthopaedic Registrar training was at NHS Tayside and he did his further specialist upper limb fellowship at the University Hospital of North Tees.
Mr Putti specialises in complex upper limb trauma and his elective practise is entirely upper limb treating conditions of the shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist. He is the Lead clinician for Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand surgeries at ForthValley Royal Hospital.
Areas of interest
Shoulder;Elbow;Hand;Wrist;Frozen shoulder;Rotator cuff tears;Shoulder impingement;Dupuytrens contracture;Carpal tunnel Syndrome;Trigger finger;Hand arthritis;hand trauma;joint replacement;arthroscopy;Tennis elbow;Golfers Elbow;Bursitis;Cubital Tunnel Syndrome;Ganglion;
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Peter Beatty Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Forth Valley Royal Hospital, Larbert. UK
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedics
Lead Clinician Upper Limb surgery.
Principal investigator at Forth Valley Royal Hospital for the National UK Frozen Shoulder Trial ( UK FROST).
Done more than 200 cases using the new technique of WALANT for Hand surgery
I love cycling and running especially on the Scottish hills.
“Reverse Total Shoulder arthroplasty for four part proximal humerus fractures in elderly patients”, poster presentation at the National Glasgow meeting of Orthopaedic Research. This was awarded the 2nd prize for best poster.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
1. “The Pedar in-shoe system: repeatability and normal pressure values”, Putti AB, Arnold GP, Cochrane L, Abboud RJ. Gait Posture. 2007 Mar;25(3):401-5.
2. “Normal Pressure Values and Repeatability of the EMED® ST4 System”, Putti AB, Arnold GP, Cochrane L, Abboud RJ. Gait Posture. 2008 Apr;27(3):501-5.
3. “Locked intramedullary nail versus dynamic compression plating for humeral shaft fractures”, Putti AB, Uppin RB, Putti BB, Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2009 Aug;17(2):139-41.
4. “Risk of periprosthetic fracture after anterior femoral notching notching – a 9 year follow up of 200 total knee arthroplasties”, Gujarathi N, Putti AB, MacLean JGB, Espley AJ, Kellett CF, Acta Orthopaedica 2009 Oct;80(5):553-6.
5. “Foot pressure differences in men and women”, Putti AB, Arnold GP, Abboud RJ, Foot Ankle Surg. 2010 Mar;16(1):21-4.
6. “Differences in foot pressures between Caucasians and Indians”, Putti AB, Arnold GP, Abboud RJ, Foot Ankle Surg. 2010 Dec;16(4):195-8. Epub 2009 Dec 8.
7. “Keller’s arthroplasty in adults with hallux valgus and hallux rigidus”, Putti AB, Pande S, Adam RF, Abboud RJ, Foot Ankle Surg. 2012 Mar;18(1):34-8. Epub 2011 Mar 22.
8. “Orthopaedic Department staff stress in relation to COVID-19”, Katrina Bell, Niall Donaldson, Katherine Coyle, Amit Putti, The Transient journal of Trauma Orthopaedics and the Coronoavirus. 27 August 2020.
Non peer reviewed
9. “Use of internet by Orthopaedic patients”, Putti AB, Innes AR, Orthopaedic Product News in Oct 2009.
- M.S. Orthopaedics Rajiv Gandhi University ion Health Sciences 2003
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2006
- M. Ch Orthopaedics University of Dundee 2005
- M.B.B.S Karnatak University 1999
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2010
Reference number 6131560
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register for Trauma & Orthopaedics, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Member of British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS)
Member of British Society for Surgery of Hand (BSSH)