- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
Mr Kirana Arambage is a Consultant Gynaecologist specialising in Advanced Minimally Invasive Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgery.
He works at the BSGE accredited Endometriosis Care and Research Centre (which is one of the busiest endometriosis centres in the UK) in Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Oxford.
He has completed RCOG accredited, specialist training in Advanced Laparoscopic/Hysteroscopic (key-hole surgery) Surgery at John Radcliffe Hospital following his postgraduate medical training in the London and Eastern deaneries. He has also completed an MSc in Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy, with Merit, based at the University of Surrey.
Mr Arambage won BSGE and RCOG Bernhard Baron travelling fellowship to train in centres of excellence in France (Strasbourg, Rouen) and in Australia (Royal Women's Hospital - Melbourne).
He provides pelvic ultrasound scans which allow him to offer ONE-STOP clinics for most conditions.
He is a senior member of council on the British Society.
Mr Arambage is a co-author for the latest Cochrane review of the surgical treatment of endometriosis. He is also co-authored an European guidelines on the management of distension media in operative hysteroscopy and the RCOG consent guideline for laparoscopic surgery. He has written book chapters.
He has chaired and presented in many national and international conferences.
These activities help him achieve his goal of driving innovation and providing the safest, evidenced based care in the field of benign gynaecology.
Areas of interest
• Endometriosis / pelvic pain
• Menstrual (heavy periods) and menopausal disorders
• Ovarian cysts
• One-stop clinics
• Laparoscopic (keyhole) Hysterectomy
• Laparoscopic fibroid removal/Myomectomy
• Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy and oophorectomy
• Outpatient hysteroscopy/biopsy/polypectomy
• Vaginal prolapse repair
• Mirena and coil insertions
Charity work – Endometriosis UK
Family trips, playing badminton and cricket
• Premium Medical Protection
• British Medical Association
• Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
• British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
• European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
• American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Suni Halder Fee Assured
- Dr Vipul Jain Fee Assured
Reference number 6083459