- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Foot & Ankle
Mr Madhu Tiruveedhula is a consultant Orthopaedic surgeon at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital specialising in all aspects of Paediatric Orthopaedics and Adult lower limb problems including deformity correction.
His specialist interest include management of all Foot and Ankle problems in children and adults, correction of deformities in lower limbs in all age groups, key hole surgery to knee and ankle joints and ligament reconstructions. He manages fracture of upper and lower limbs in adults and children and also specialises in the management of Diabetic Foot deformities.
He completed his Specialist Registrar training from Yorkshire Deanery followed by Fellowship training in at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore; Guy’s and St.Thomas’ Hospital and Southampton General Hospital. He worked as Locum consultant at Evelina Children Hospital, part of Guy’s and St. Thomas’ hospital before his substantive appointment at Basildon.
He is a keen teacher and organised many Regional meetings and is a regular faculty member on educational courses. He is medical school examiner and postgraduate trainer. He published one book chapter and 10 papers in peer reviewed journals. He is liked by both staff and patients for his mild manners and good communication skills.
Areas of interest
Adult Foot & Ankle Surgery;
Correction of Lower limb deformities;
Ankle and Knee ligament reconstruction;
Key hole surgery to ankle, knee and hip joint;
Management of fractures in children and adults;
Diabetic Foot Reconstruction
- Debbie Brocklebank
- 61 Mayland Avenue Canvey Island SS8 0BU
- 07846 224537
- 07846 224537
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Meena Gademsetty Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon,
Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals, Basildon, UK
• Prospective Outcomes after Excision of Calcaneo-Navicular coalition in Paediatric and Adult population.
• Prospective Outcomes after Augmented Fixation of Os-Subfibulare.
• Best presentation by invited faculty, Odhisa Orthopaedic Association Annual meeting, Konark, Orissa, India, Aug 2014
• BOTA-IOS(UK) Travelling Fellowship bursary- 2013
1. Tiruveedhula M, Rambani R, Sharma HK. Management of Periprosthetic Fractures of Proximal Femur. An Operative Manual of Proximal Femoral Fractures, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, ISBN 9789351524854, chapter 17, pg 141.
Full Papers in Peer-reviewed journals
1. Vollans S, Chaturvedi A, Sivasankaran K, Madhu T, Hadland Y, Allga V, Sharma HK. Symptomatic venous thromboembolism following circular frame treatment for tibial fractures. Injury. 2015;46(6):1108-11.
2. Tiruveedhula M, Reading I, Clarke NMP. Avascular Necrosis of Femoral head after Failed Pavlik Harness Treatment in Developmental Dysplasia of Hip. J Pediatr Orthop. 2015 Mar;35(2):140-3.
3. Madhu T, Akula M, Scott BW, Templeton PA. A Change in the Hip Abduction Angle in Hip Spica and its Effect on the Rate of Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2013 May;22(3):184-8.
4. Madhu T, Akula M, Raman R, Sharma HK, Johnson GV. Birmingham Hip Resurfacing: an Independent Single Surgeon’s Experience at Seven-year Follow-up. J Arthroplasty. 2011 Jan;26(1):1-8.
5. Madhu TS. Posterior and Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion. Current Orthopaedics Volume 22, Issue 6, December 2008, Pages 406-413.
6. Madhu T, Raman R, Giannoudis PV. Long-Term Functional Outcome in Patients with Combined Spinal and Pelvic Fractures. Injury. 2007 May;38(5):598-606.
7. Madhu T, Morgan-Jones R. Modified Operative Technique to Enhance Compression at Grafted Medial Malleolar Non-Union. Injury Extra Nov. 2005; 36 (11): 520-5.
8. Michael LM 2nd, Moss T, Madhu T, Coakham HB. Malignant transformation of posterior fossa epidermoid cyst. Br J Neurosurg. Dec 2005;19(6):505-10.
9. Madhu T, Dunsmuir R. Sensory Neurapraxia of the Foot after Leg Traction on Fracture Table. Injury Extra July 2005; 36(7): 306-7.
10. Venu KM, Koka R, Garikipati R, Shenava Y, Madhu T. Dall-Miles Cable & Plate Fixation for Periprosthetic Femoral Fractures-A Retrospective Analysis of 13 Cases. Injury 32; 2001: 395-400.
Courses offered to GPs
1. GP talks at Nuffield Hospital, Brentwood
2. Talks to A&E staff, Queen's Hospital, Romford
3. FRCS Examination course, Queen's Hospital, Romford
- MBBS Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, India 1997
- MRCSGlasg RCS Glasgow 2003
- MRCSEd RCS Edinburgh 2003
- FRCSGlasg(Orth) RCS Glasgow 2011
Reference number 5199347
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member BSCOS 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
- 125 Albemarle RoadBECKENHAMBR3 5HS
- 09:00 - 11:00
- 07866 498912
- Bucks Cross RoadChelsfieldORPINGTONBR6 7RG
- 09:30 - 12:00
- 07866 498912
- Shenfield RoadShenfieldBRENTWOODCM15 8EH
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 07866 498912
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr Madhu Tiruveedhula- 07972663616
Mr Venu Kavarthapu- 07915378764
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: tiru.madhu