- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Head & neck oncology
Jai Manick (Jaiganesh Manickavasagam) is a Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon at Ninewells hospital, private ENT consultant at Tayside complete health, 3 & 7 Commercial Street, Dundee DD1 3DA, 01382 549088 https://www.taysidecompletehealth.com and BMI Kings park hospital, https://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/hospitals/bmi-kings-park-hospital (01786) 451669, Sterling, and honorary senior teacher at Dundee medical school. Within the ENT Department, he is the lead head,neck and thyroid surgeon with clinical interests in laser surgery and endoscopic thyroid and parathyroid surgery. His clinical practice is devoted to benign and malignant diseases of the head and neck, including the mouth, throat, voice box, neck, salivary glands and the thyroid gland(neck lumps). His treatment profiles includes General ENT symptoms sinus, allergy, congestion, other nose symptoms, rhinoplasty and Ear symptoms/dizziness/hearing loss.Mr Manick is one of a few surgeons in the United Kingdom with expertise in Transoral Robotic Surgery and Transoral Laser Microsurgery for head and neck cancers
Areas of interest
General ENT, adult ENT, paediatric ENT, dizziness, hearing loss, sinus disease, allergy, nasal block, facial pain, throat problems, tonsillitis, voice, swallowing problems, neck lumps, thyroid and cancer. Private ENT consultant consultation. Insurence medico legal report at Dundee
- Tayside Complete Health 3 & 7 Commercial Street Dundee DD1 3DA
- 01382 549088
- B M I Kings Park Hospital Polmaise Road Stirling FK7 9JH
- 01786 451669
Current NHS consultant posts held
ENT consultant, ENT Lead-Head and neck surgery, Ninewells Hospital, University of Dundee & Medical school
AHSP 2017-2019 FELLOWSHIPS AWARD (ACADEMIC HEALTH SCIENCE FELLOWSHIP)
TAYSIDE MEDICAL SCIENCE CENTRE (TASC), NINEWLLS HOSPITAL, NHS TAYSIDE
This innovative opportunity provided me to develop and consolidate a research portfolio while working in the NHS.
1. ION trial (Thyroid cancer), Cancer research UK, Principal Investigator, NHS Tayside(In progress)
2. The Airway Intervention Registry research database is to gather information to determine the short-/long-term safety and efficacy of airway interventions Principal Investigator, NHS Tayside
3. Genetics of Cholesteatoma study Principal Investigator, NHS Tayside–(In progress)
4. POSH trial( Post-operative hemostasis in parotid surgery) investigator initiated trial –(In progress) Chief and principal investigator.
5. Superior semicircular canal (SSC) –cadaveric temporal bone anatomical study.
6. Allergic fungal rhino sinusitis about clinical profile, treatment protocol and prospective study about post op treatment with itraconazol
Travelling & Cycling
Nominated for star award NHS Tayside outstanding clinician 2017
• Best dissector award (rhinology) – 3rd Wrightington/Wigan ENT Dissection Course 26/06/09
• Gold medal Final year, M.S ENT (2003)
• Best outgoing student and AOI PRIZE ENDOWMENT Final year, M.S ENT (2003) DR MGR medical university, Chennai
The Dr.P.V. CHERIAN prize MS ENT (2003) DR MGR medical university, Chennai
Distinctions in Anatomy, Microbiology &Pharmacology (1994-98)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Fluent
Head and Neck section Surgtech surgical ebook 2017
Cyber text book
I assisted in producing a cyber-textbook of Operative ENT 2nd edition June 2013.
Publication in Books
The technique of functional endoscopic sinus surgery Atlas of Operative Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Editors Bachi T Hathiram , 2013, volume 2, Chapter 58,
Manickavasagam J Chapter: Epistaxsis & BPPV, Pocket Tutor Otolaryngology Editors; , Jaypee Publication London,2012
“Not quite Pott’s puffy tumour"
Aggressive cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma arising from a human papillomavirus infected epidermoid cyst of the conchal bowl,
Large retropharyngeal abscess: a case of mistaken identity.
Comparison of radiologically and histologically determined thickness of bone overlying the superior semi-circular canal in sixty-six cadaveric specimens: impact on the diagnosis of Minor's Syndrome.
Transoral robotic resection of a large schwannoma in the retropharyngeal space.
Alar Suspension Sutures in the Management of Nasal Valve Collapse.Manickavasagam J, Iqbal I, Wong S, Raghavan U. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol.
Stapes surgery: a National Survey of British Otologists.
Nasal valve surgery: assessment of quality of life with the Glasgow Benefit Inventory.
A Novel case of A Parotid Abscess causing Infection In the Mastoid, Face Mouth & Jaw Surgery 2014;4(2): P 29-32
Congenital familial subglottic stenosis: a case series and review of literature.
Sheffield suction holder clips for endolaryngeal laser surgery.
Treatment of paediatric laryngeal papillomas: web survey of British Association of Paediatric Otolaryngologists.
A novel preliminary step in orbital exenteration.
Endoscopic removal of a dermoid cyst via scalp incision.
Clinical coding of transnasal pituitary operations.
Clinical coding of pituitary operations.
General practitioners versus consultants perspective on indications for paediatric tonsillectomy: current trends.
Retropharyngeal abscess from an unusual organism-Kingella denitrificans-in a patient on low-dose methotrexate.
Functional endoscopic sinus surgery chopstick technique.
Rectal catheter as tracheostomy tube introducer..
Radio opacity of various ENT foreign bodies in sheep's neck preparation.
Courses offered to GPs
Scottish Head and neck case conference 25/04/18, Royal college of surgeons Edinburgh
Dundee FRCS ENT VIVA course www.frcsentvivacourse.co.uk since 2014
Dundee Advanced Laser Laryngeal course, http://www.entlasercoursedundee.co.uk
• Joint Malaysian RCS Edinburgh ENT update, OSCS communication skills course 2017
View photos of my work
Click an image to enlarge and read a description
View videos on youtube
- FRCS ORL-HNS RCS Edinburgh 2012
- DOHNS RCS England 2006
- MS (ENT) Dr MGR Medical university 2003
- MBBS Madras Medical College 1999
- DIPNB(ENT) National Board of Examinations India 2003
Reference number 6101073
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2018
- Fellow Royal society of Medicine 2018
- Memeber British association of Endocrinologists 2017
- Memeber Scottish ENT Society 2016
- Memeber British association of Head and neck oncology 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Speicilist otolaryngology, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
- BMI Kings Park Hospital
- 17:00 - 18:00
- 01786 451669
- Tayside Complete health
- 16:30 - 06:30
- 01382 549088
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Tayside Complete health 01382 549088