- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Urinary tract stones
- Urological malignancy
Mr Samer Sabbagh is a consultant Urological Surgeon. He qualified in 1995 at Aleppo University, Syria and received the highest Surgical and Urological Training in the country. In the year 2000, he pursued his career in the UK and currently he works at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust where he leads the General Urology and Benign prostate disease services.Mr Sabbagh has developed multiple interests including: General and functional/female Urology, Andrology and erectile dysfunction, , Urinary stone disease, and Urological Oncology.
Areas of interest
General and functional urology,Management of Lower urinary tract symptoms in men and women with special interest in Benign Prostatic disease and its up-to-date available treatments. Andrology and erectile dysfunction, Urinary stone disease, and Urological Oncology; blood in urine;PSA; investigations and management
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Muhammad Masood Khan Not Fee Assured
- Dr Andrejs Dombrovskis Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
St George's Hospital - Tooting
Queen Mary's Hospital - Roehampton
The Nelson Health Center - Kingston Road.
Mr Sabbagh has a special interest in research and has won the best research poster award of the North West of England in 2005. Areas of research interest included Benign prostatic disease, Bladder functional diseases and bladder cancer, in addition to stone disease and Urological Trauma.
Painting ( Landscapes)
Playing the Piano
- The Smile Award (nominated and certified) at Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust- Dec 2013.
- The Best Research Poster Award for the North West of England - Annual Research Symposium 13th Dec 2005.
- The highest score of the year 2001 for the exit examinations for Urological Specialization (The Ministry of Health - Syria).
- Award and recognition from the Syrian Minister of Health for publication of Public Health advice book (Health for all)- 1998.
Courses offered to GPs
Regular and occasional teaching has been provided over the years to GP colleagues, continence services, nursing as well as medical students in hospital and community level:
- St George's University Hospital Grand rounds (mainly Lower urinary tract symptoms - Urinary incontinence and erectile dysfunction).
- Structured GP students half day Urology training.
- Teaching for the care of the elderly department and continence services at GP practices.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/people/27489/
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) Faculty of Medicine – University of Aleppo – Syria 1995
- Certificate of Specialization Registration in Urology Ministry of Health – Syria 2001
- Certificate of the Arab Board of Urology (CABU) Council of Arab Board of Medical specializations 2004
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh – MRCS-Ed The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2004
- Fellowship of the European Board of Urology- FEBU The European Board of Urology EBU 2008
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Surgeons – Urology section FRCS(Urol) Intercollegiate Specialty Board of Urology in the United Kingdom 2012
- Diploma in Laparoscopic Urological Surgery Strasbourg University, France 2011
- Mentorship training for Transurethral enucleation of prostate (TUEB) Germany 2015
Reference number 5206556
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Lead for General Urology and Benign Prostate disease St George's University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust 2014
- Quality Lead - Department of Urology St George's University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust 2014
- Clinical and Educational supervisor for Urology trainees St George's University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust 2014
- Chair of the Urology Department Educational meeting St George's University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Samer Katmawi-Sabbagh, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
-The General Medical Council (GMC) -Full Specialist Registration -N0: 5206556
-The Medical Defence Union (MDU).
-The British Medical Association (BMA).
-British Association for Urological Surgeons (BAUS).
-Fellowship of the European Board of Urology (FEBU)
-Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- St Anhtonys NORTH CHEAMSM3 9DW
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 020 8337 6691
- The Warren ASHTEAD KT21 2SB
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 01372 221400
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Myself via telephone number: 01372221400