- Fee assured
- Verified account
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
My name is Ben and I am a Clinical Psychologist, Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT) and Counsellor practising in Guildford, Surrey and Basingstoke, Hampshire. I aim to help those who are struggling with low mood, anxiety and relationship difficulties / break-ups.
I tailor treatment to my client: although I specialise in using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), I also incorporate Counselling approaches, Mindfulness based CBT and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) if, together, we feel they could be of benefit. My extensive training and experience ensures I am able to help with a number of difficulties including (but not limited to):
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Relationship difficulties (including break-ups)
I am fortunate to practise out of a calm and peaceful therapy room at the Shere GP Surgery on the edge of Guildford. The surgery is within easy reach of the centre of Guildford, Dorking, Woking, Cranleigh and Godalming and has excellent parking facilities. It is also a 10 minute walk from Gomshall train station. I also offer secure online appointments.
I also practice out of a quiet clinic in Basingstoke, just off the M3.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; Low self-esteem; Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD); Health Anxiety; Relationship difficulties (including break-ups); Social anxiety; Sleep difficulties; Work/exam stress
Current NHS consultant posts held
Specialist Clinical Psychologist - Queen Alexandra Hospital
Distinction on Postgraduate CBT Diploma.
- BSc Psychology The University of Bristol 2005
- PGDip Psychological Interventions – CBT The University of Surrey 2011
- DClinPsych BPS Accredited Clinical Doctorate Clinical Psychology The University of Surrey 2010
- EMDR Practitioner Training – ALL Parts (Basic, Intermediate and Advanced) EMDR Europe Association and EMDR International Association 2012
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies - Accredited BABCP 2012
- British Psychological Society - Associate Fellow BPS 2010
- Health and Care Professions Council Health and Care Professions Council 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society (BPS) Associate Fellow and Chartered Clinical Psychologist (AFBPsS, CPsychol)
– Number: 193491
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Clinical Psychologist
– Number: PYL26204
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accredited Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapist – Number: 110510
EMDR UK and Ireland Member: Member Number: M0328