- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Professor of Vascular Surgery since 2004 with 22 years experience as a Consultant in a major University Teaching Hospital.
Expert in the assessment and treatment of varicose veins, claudication, peripheral arterial disease and arterial aneurysms.
Areas of interest
Vascular surgery; Claudication; Aneurysms; Varicose veins
Current NHS consultant posts held
Professor of Vascular Surgery, The General Infirmary at Leeds since November 1993.
Professor of Vascular Surgery, University of Leeds since 2004.
Principle research interest is the pathogenesis of abdominal aortic aneurysms. Lead investigator on the LEADS project (Leeds Aneurysm development study) and The aging aortic tissue bank.
Currently supervisor for 3 British Heart Foundation Fellows and 2 NIHR academic clinical fellows.
Patey prize 1991
Moynihan Travelling Fellow 1990
Hunterian Professor RCS Eng
President of Vascular Society of GB and I 2012 - 2013.
Over 150 publications on Vascular surgery related topics.
Courses offered to GPs
Varicose Veins, peripheral arterial disease and aortic aneurysm
Available through the national outcome data reporting system (NHS choices).
- MBChB University of Leicester 1981
- MD University of Leiciester 1991
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1985
- FRCS Eng Royal College of Surgeons England 1986
- FEVVS UEMS Vascular Surgery 2004
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President Vascular Sociaty of GB and NI 2012
- Council Member British Heart Foundation 2011
- Chairman of FEVS Examination Board UMS Vascular (Europe) 2011
- Committe Member JCIE 2013
- Chairman Examination Board JCIE 2013
- Spire Leeds Hospital, LS8 1NT
- 08:30 - 11:30
- 0113 269 3939
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Professor Julian Scott
via Spire Hospitals Leeds, outpatients or ward out of hours.