- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eating disorders
- Substance misuse psychiatry
Areas of interest
Psycho-social medicine; Psychopharmacology; PTSD; Affective Disorders; Psychosis; Neurotic Disorders (e.g. OCD, Anxiety); Personality Disorders; Medico-legal work
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
I retired from the National Health Service (the University Hospital of North Tees, Stockton on Tees) in 2006 and joined the private sector as Associate Medical Director for Middleton St George Hospital and am now Medical Director at The Billingham Grange Independent Hospital, Billingham, Barchester Healthcare.
I have a keen interest in research. I have been a research co-ordinator and participated in double-blind drug trial with antidepressants and antipsychotic medications, clinical research.
I have published over 70 papers in scientific journals on management of complex, uncommon resistant psychiatric cases.
Hospital Doctor of the Year, 1997 (North Tees Hospital)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Panjabi, Punjabi
- MBBS University of Punjab, Pakistan 1970
- Diploma in Psychological Medicine Royal College of Physicians of London 1975
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Royal College of Psychiatrists 1977
- Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Royal College of Psychiatrists 1994
- Diploma in Psychotherapy The Hallamshire Institute of Psychotherapy, Sheffield University 1982
- Certificate in Psychopharmacololgy British Association of Psychopharmacololgy 1998
- Diploma in Psychotherapy National School of Hypnotherapy, London 2001
- Certificate in Mental Health Law Capsticks 2007
- Certificate in Management Studies Middlesbrough College 2009
Reference number 2696315
Details of entry to specialist register
- Consultant Psychiatrist, 1982
Affiliations / memberships
Life Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Park View Medical Centre 276 Marton Road...
- 10:00 - 14:00
- 07870 998567
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.