- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a skilled and experienced Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor. I am also a Couples Counsellor, Trauma therapist, Addiction and Mental Health specialist.
I previously had a career in mental health as a Registered Mental Health Practitioner for severely years before completing training as Counsellor in 1995.
I later completed a Masters degree in Integrative Psychotherapy 2002. Presently I am accredited and registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
I have completed training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Group therapy, Relationship therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for working with trauma and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) training to support organisation who experienced a serious incident in the workplace.
As a Counsellor and Psychotherapist I have worked in diverse organisations, this include the NHS, private organisations, university and Employee Assistance Organisations.
In all of these organisations I provided face-to-face counselling to individual and couples on a wide range of emotional, relationship, psychological and work-related problems as well as challenging mental health issues and various addictions problems.
My vast experience across varying mental health modalities has enable me to work therapeutically and compassionately with more complex and challenging mental issues.
As an Integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist I believe in the whole and uniqueness of each person. So I work holistically to integrate all aspects of the individual. This include body, mind, feelings, spirit and creatively.
My practice is influenced by a range of researched based thoughts and practice. My aim is to encourage clients to develop themselves, their relationship to others and to society.
Areas of interest
I work with adult from the age 18 years. Some of the problems I work with include some of the following:
- Anxiety: worry, stress, panic, phobias, generalised anxieties
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Addiction and Substance Misuse
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Couples and Relationship counselling
-Bereavement and Loss
-Work-related sues: redundancy,
Group Supervisor and Facilitator
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy Metanoia Istitute 2002
- Diploma in Substance Use & Misuse Thames Valey University 2004
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Nursing & Midwifery Council 2017
- EMDR EMDR EXTRA 2017
Affiliations / memberships
United Kingdom Council Psychotherapy (Accredited)
United Kingdom Association of Psychotherapy Integration