- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Bahee is a children's dietitian based at Great Ormond Street Hospital Foundation Trust (GOSH). She has over ten years experience working with children.
Bahee is a member of the BDA Paediatric group and is involved in reviewing abstracts, developing BDA resources and information sheets.
Bahee regularly teaches and presents at conferences at national and international level.
Bahee Manickavasagar has presented at various conferences including:
• Nutritional Management of Short Bowel, France, December 2009
• Teaching at BDA Masters Module, Nephrology Workshop, London, October 2010
• Top 8 Tips in Nephrology, Institute of Child Health, March 2011
• Nutritional Management of Renal Patients (Renal Module), Kuwait, March 2014
• Hypervitaminosis A is prevalent in children with CKD and contributes to hypercalcemia Oral: Shanghai, IPNA 2013
• Poster: Istanbul ERA-EDTA 2013 and BTA/RA Congress Bournemouth 2013 (best poster prize)
Areas of interest
Paediatrics, kidney diease / nephrology, metabolic medicine, gastroenterology, food allergy, exclusion diet, obesity, feeding problems, general paediatrics, disordered eating / eating disorders, ketogenic diet
Current NHS consultant posts held
Bahee joined the GOSH dietetic team in 2007 and has experience in the following areas:
• Ketogenic Diet
• Nephrology & Urology
• Metabolic Medicine
• Gastroenterology & Surgery
Bahee has also worked in cardiology, cleft palate, ENT, dermatology, plastics, respiratory disease, orthopaedics.
• Vitamin A in Renal disease
• Food Allergy
Working with the media
Poster: Istanbul ERA-EDTA 2013 and BTA/RA Congress Bournemouth 2013 (best poster prize)
B Manickavasagar et al. 2015. Hypervitaminosis A is prevalent in children with CKD and contributes to hypercalcemia. Pediatr Nephrol. 30 pp. 317–325.
Shroff, R., Wan, R., Gullett, A., Ledermann, S., Shute, R., Knott, C., Wells, D., Atikenhead, H., Manickavasagar, B., van't Hoff, W., Rees, L., 2012. Ergocalciferol supplementation in children with CKD delays the onset of secondary hyperparathyroidism: a randomized trial. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 7(2) pp. 216-223.
Author of renal cookbook for patients on haemodialysis 'The Ultimate Renal Cookbook with Amanaki'.
Courses offered to GPs
Top Tips in Nephrology Nutrition
Managing a Child with Faltering Growth
Managing Children Following Exclusion Diets
For special requests please contact me directly on 07796952219 or email: email@example.com
- Post Graduate Diploma Dietetics University of Otago 2004
- BAPSC in Human Nutrition University of Otago 2002
Affiliations / memberships
BDA, BDA Paediatric Group,