- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I am a BACP accredited counsellor with 20 years experience, including many years as a student counsellor in Higher Education settings. In addition, I have worked in 3 Further Education colleges as a lecturer in counselling .
Within the Health Service I have worked as a staff counsellor and I currently work as a freelance counsellor with a number of Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP).
More recently, the majority of my work has focussed on supporting those with Substance Misuse issues both through provision of counselling and through 12 week group programmes.
I have specialisms in working with young people, trauma and substance misuse and I am able to communicate through the medium of Welsh (as a second language)
Areas of interest
Depression; anxiety; relationship issues; bereavement; trauma and PTSD; addiction; developmental crises; employment related issues; coping with health-related issues; anger-management
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Degree in Psychology University of Wales, Swansea 1989
- Diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling Bath Centre for Psychotherpay and Counselling 2001
- Somatic Trauma Training Chiron Centre, London 2007
- Group and Individual Psycho=Social Interventions for Working with Substance Misusers Clinical Psychology Associates 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BACP Accreditted Counsellor British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2006
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, 2015