- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a BACP accredited counsellor with 22 years experience, including many years as a student counsellor in Higher Education settings. In addition, I have worked in 3 Further Education colleges as a lecturer in counselling .
Within the Health Service I have worked as a staff counsellor and I currently work as a freelance counsellor with a number of Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP).
I have substantial experience of supporting those with Substance Misuse issues both through provision of counselling and through 12 week group programmes.
I have specialisms in working with young people, trauma and substance misuse and I am able to communicate through the medium of Welsh (as a second language).
I have recently undertaken a Primary Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Training, with the Centre for Stress Management in London (this course is approved by the British Psychological Society)
Areas of interest
Depression; anxiety; panic; relationship issues; bereavement; trauma and PTSD; addiction; developmental crises; employment related issues; coping with health-related issues; anger-management; OCD; Work related stress; sexuality and gender issues.
I work with adults and young people (17-25)
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
I am a keen runner and have completed a number of 10k, half-marathon and marathon races. I am very interested in the way that exercise can benefit one's mental health.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Welsh - Conversational
- Degree in Psychology University of Wales, Swansea 1989
- Diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling Bath Centre for Psychotherpay and Counselling 2001
- Somatic Trauma Training Chiron Centre, London 2007
- Group and Individual Psycho=Social Interventions for Working with Substance Misusers Clinical Psychology Associates 2010
- Primary Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Training Centre for Stress Management, London 2019
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BACP Accreditted Counsellor British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2006
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, 2015