- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Shaukat works as a Consultant Cardiologist in Glasgow Royal Infirmary and Golden Jubilee National Hospital, Glasgow. He trained extensively in all general aspects of cardiology and has specialist interest in coronary disease management and Intervention. He provides inpatient and outpatient services at the Royal Infirmary & carries out Coronary Intervention at Golden Jubilee National Hospital.
He performs wide range of coronary intervention procedures including High speed rotational atherectomy and participates in the Primary Angioplasty out of hours service for acute heart attacks at the Regional Tertiary Care centre (Golden Jubilee National Hospital).
Dr Shaukat specialises in investigation and management of coronary heart disease including coronary intervention, heart failure, heart valve disorders and Hypertension.
He holds accreditation in Echocardiography from British Society of Echocardiography. He also carries out pacemaker implants at the Royal Infirmary and is an accreditation holder from Heart Rhythm Society UK in Implantable intracardiac devices.
Dr Shaukat is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Glasgow University.
Areas of interest
All aspects of general cardiology including
- Chest pain
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Dizziness, lightheadedness
- Heart valve problems
All aspects on Coronary Interventional Cardiology including
- Post heart attack care
- Coronary angiography, angioplasty (stenting) including complex interventions
- Single and dual chamber pacemaker implants
General Cardiology Investigations including
- Electrocardiogram (ECG: electrical tracing of heart),
- Echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart),
- 24 hour ECG (tape)
- 72 hour ECG (tape)
- Holter monitor
- 24 hour (ambulatory) blood pressure monitor
Current NHS consultant posts held
Glasgow Royal Infirmary
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
West of Scotland Regional Heart & Lung Centre, Golden Jubilee National Hospital
Dr Shaukat research interest is in coronary disease management. He is the local principal investigator for the upcoming multi centre trials Dalcetrapid in Acute Coronary Syndrome, DalGenE Trial and colchicine for CV outcomes in acute coronary syndrome COLCOT Study.
- FRCP (Glasg.) Royal College Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow 2016
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians, UK 2004
- Accreditation in Trans-thoracic Echocardiography British Society of Echocardiography 2009
- Accreditation in Implantable Cardiac Devices Heart Rhythm Society UK 2010
Reference number 6041566
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer University of Glasgow 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST Cardiology, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
- British Cardiac Society
- British Cardiac Interventional Society
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow
- Scottish Cardiac Society
- BMI Carrick Glen Hospital
- 15:00 - 17:00
- 01292 288882
- BMI RossHall, Glasgow
- 11:30 - 13:00
- 0141 810 3151
- Nuffield Glasgow Hospital
- 09:00 - 11:30
- 0141 334 9441
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.