- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I qualified from India in 1996 and stood sixth in an All India entrance exam for my post graduate degree in Oral surgery. I completed the Membership exams conducted by RCS England and RCPS Glasgow. I completed my statutory exam in 2005 and was awarded entry into the the GDC Specialist list in Oral Surgery in 2007. I have been providing Oral surgery specialist services in Primary care for West / East Berkshire and Surrey PCTs since 2008.I was one of the pioneers in setting up the Specialist Oral Surgery services in Devizes and Cirencester for ISTC.
I currently work as a Consultant in Oral Surgery where I treat patients under General Anaesthesia, Local Anaesthesia with or without IV Sedation. I am also an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Areas of interest
Oral Surgery & Dento-Alveolar Surgery;
Buried teeth and roots;
Soft tissue surgery;
Neonatal tongue tie;
Surgical Orthodontics- Surgical exposure of teeth;
Oral lumps and bumps;
Management of Oral Infection;
Management of dental phobics under Local Anaesthesia with or without IV sedation;
Surgical closure of Oroantral fistula (Mouth sinus communication)
- Matthew Tanna White
- Abbeymead Dental Centre 73 Guildford Street CHERTSEY KT16 9AS
- 01932 571200
- 07960 169075
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Oral Surgery
NHS Treatment Centre,
Royal South Hants Hospital
I submitted a thesis on “Composite Temporalis Muscle Pedicle Flap as an Inter-positional Material in Temporomandibular Joint Arthroplasty”
Management of Dental phobic patients under IV Sedation.
Oil painting, reading and Hot Yoga☺
1. Winner of Dr. Saratha Katheresan Gold Medal in Anatomy for securing 89.5% and topping the University in 1993.
2. Best outgoing student of the 1992 batch
3.Winner of the Colgate Palmolive Merit Shield awarded by the Indian Society of Periodontology for securing the first rank in 1996
4.Stood Sixth in the All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations, Directorate of Health, New Delhi, India
(Additional) Languages spoken
Courses offered to GPs
1. Contentious issues in Oral Surgery
2. Management of medically complex patients in primary care setting
3. Compliance of NICE guidelines in wisdom tooth extractions
- BDS The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University 1996
- M.D.S - Oral Surgery Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab, India 2001
- DNB ( Diplomate in National Boards), Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery National Board of Examination, Directorate of Health, New Delhi, India 2002
- MOMS RCPS (Glasg) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2003
- MFDS RCS (Eng) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2004
Details of entry to specialist register
- Oral Surgery, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
1. British Association of Oral Surgeons
2. Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Abbeymead Dental Centre73 Guildford...
- 08:00 - 17:00
- 07960 169075
- Crown Wood Dental Practice10 Crown...
- 08:00 - 17:00
- 01344 482882
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details