- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Ian Sinha is a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at the North West London Major Trauma Centre, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
He has a specialist interest in:
Complex trauma and fractures
Rib fracture fixation
Limb reconstruction, including the Masquelet technique and circular frame reconstruction
Complex upper and lower limb fractures, knee ligament injuries.
Arthroscopic shoulder surgery
Arthroscopic knee surgery
Arthroscopic knee meniscal repair
ACL reconstruction and Multi-ligament knee surgery
Computer navigated knee replacement
Robotic knee replacement
Paediatric fractures/ paediatric anterior cruciate ligament injury/ paediatric knee injury
Sports injuries and surgery.
Re-alignment and osteotomy surgery
After graduating from Imperial College School of Medicine, Ian completed his basic surgical training in Reading and Harefield and joined the North West London Higher Surgical Training programme as a Specialist Registrar in Trauma and Orthopaedics.
During his training Ian completed an AO Trauma Fellowship in Hannover, Germany under the supervision of Christian Krettek.
He travelled to Perth, Western Australia to gain further experience in sports surgery, paediatric surgery and joint arthroplasty and completed a fellowship in the Perth Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Centre.
Ian also completed a trauma fellowship at the North West London Major Trauma Centre.
Ian is the Clinical Lead for rib fracture fixation and paediatric trauma at the North West London Major Trauma Unit.
He is an integral member of the limb reconstruction unit.
Ian is integrating the use of the robotic Navio system into his knee replacement practice.
Areas of interest
Major trauma; complex fractures; limb reconstruction; open fractures; rib fractures; rib fracture surgery; circular frame reconstruction; computer navigated knee replacement; robotic knee replacement; paediatric fractures; acl reconstruction; knee ligament reconstruction; knee arthroscopy; shoulder arthroscopy; meniscal repair; sport injuries; limb re-alignment; high tibial osteotomy; distal femoral osteotomy; patella malt racking; anterior knee pain; meniscal transplant; paediatric knee injuries
- Andre Goncalves
- OTL (Orthopaedics and Trauma London) Lindo Wing St Mary's Hospital Praed Street London W2 1NY
- 020 7867 3747
- 07432 572000
- 020 7691 9330
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Asela Dharmadasa Fee Assured
- Dr Helgi Johannsson Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London.
Rib fracture fixation surgery
Management of bone defects in trauma
Open tibial fractures
Semi-extended tibial nailing technique
Masquelet technique for bone defects
In his spare time Ian regularly attends the gym, enjoys surfing, skiing, swimming and dancing tango.
Biochemistry and Pathology Prizes, Imperial College School of Medicine
Intercalated BSc St Mary's Hospital Association scholarship 1998
ASGBI Poster of Distinction 2006
Kingston Junior Doctors Audit Prize 2012
Imperial College Healthcare Trust Care and Achievement Award 2013
EFORT Best Poster Prize in section 2014
Royal Society of Medicine Emergency Surgery Section Prize 2016
- FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedics Royal College of Surgeons England 2011
- Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2009
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons England 2004
- MBBS Imperial College School of Medicine 2001
- BSc Cardiovascular Sciences Imperial College School of Medicine 1998
- Major trauma fellowship North West London Major Trauma Centre, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust 2012
- AO Trauma Fellowship MHH, Hannover, Germany 2013
- Hospital Based Observership Pretoria, South Africa 2013
- Fellowship in sports surgery, paediatric knee surgery, joint arthroplasty Perth Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Centre, Perth, Western Australia 2013
Reference number 6029911
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2014
- Hospital of St John and Elizabeth
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 07432 572000
- Lindo Wing
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 07432 572000
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
07432 572 000