- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr S Rajkumar s a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in conditions of the lower limb including primary hip and knee surgery and revision surgery, knee arthroscopic surgery including cartilage preservation and foot surgery.
Areas of interest
Hip surgery - primary THR and revisions, Total Hip Replacement; Hip impingement;
Knee surgery - primary TKR, Total Knee replacement; Unicompartmental KR and revisions, Groin pain
Knee arthroscopy surgery, Cartilage preservation, knee arthroscopy
Foot surgery - Mid foot and forefoot, foot pain; bunions; hallux valgus; plantar fascitis; bendy toe;
Trauma surgery - Upper /lower limb surgery; hip pain; knee pain;
Click Here to Book a Consultation Online Now
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr David McNamee Fee Assured
- Dr Kieran O'Connor Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedics
Craigavon Area Hospital
Arthroplasty and trauma
Travel, Reading, Hiking, Badminton and tennis
1. Poster 2nd prize - 3rd Chertsey Complex Fracture Meeting - September 2007
2. Patient Safety Awards (Cl Leadership, MS care) – Pilgrim Orthopaedic Team award– July 2014, 2015
1. Osteochondral injuries of the knee. S MacMohan, S Rajkumar. Open EFORT Reviews (accepted)
2. Does Intramedullary Plugging Reduce Blood Transfusion Requirements in TKR: A Randomised Controlled Trial. S Rajkumar, S Thiagaraj, A Ghoz, R Dodds, S Tavares (submitted)
3. Documentation in knee arthroscopy – new Trust wide proforma – introduced at ULHT 2015
4. A rare case of primary psoas abscess causing hip pain in THR: CR & review of literature. BS Dhinsa, S Rajkumar. Acta Orthop et Trauma Turcica 2014; 48 (5):598-601
5. Primary Meningococcal Oligoarthritis of knee - Case Report & Review of Literature. H Adbul-Jabber, U Brady, S Rajkumar. European J of Orthopaedics & Traumatology Dec 2011; Vol2: 5-6:149-152
6. Results following repair of gluteus medius defects following total hip arthroplasty, S Rajkumar, J Jones, GC Singer. Hip International 2011; 21(3): 293-298.
7. Patient compliance with DVT prophylaxis in lower limb arthroplasty surgery. S Rajkumar, S Tavares. The Online Journal of Clinical Audits. 2010; 2(2): 2-10.
8. Early results with osteochondral autogeneous graft transfer for osteochondral defects in knee joint. S Rajkumar, R Pande, PJ Livesley. Journal of Orthopaedics. 2006; 3(3) e9.
9. Fracture occurring in Osteoid osteoma. S Rajkumar, PJ Livesley. J of Orthopaedics 2005: 2(6) e8.
10. Performance problems of patients with chronic low-back pain and the measurement of patient-centred outcome. Andrew Walsh D, Johnson P, Rajkumar S, Bennetts K. Spine. 2004; 29(1): 87-93.
11. Proforma sheet: ankle arthroscopy. C Clark, S Rajkumar. (Implemented at Heatherwood & Wexham Park hospitals NHS Trust, July 2005)
12. Unusual Cause Of Hip Pain In A Child. S Rajkumar, R Dega. The I J of Paed & Neo. 2006; 6, No 1.
13. A single clinical sign to test for functioning of all 3 Nerves of the hand. S Rajkumar, S Tay. The Internet Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2006; 3 No 1.
14. Clinical triad for diagnosing occult hip fractures with normal radiographs. S Rajkumar, S Tay. The Internet Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2006. Volume 3 Number 1.
15. Tips for safe knee arthroscopic surgery. S Rajkumar. Journal of Orthopaedics 2005; 2(5) e6.
Courses offered to GPs
Happy to talk on hip/knee and foot injuries management, arthritis management, lifestyle changes
1. Knee Injuries management – Regional MSK GP’s meeting- Portadown, 13th Dec 2016
2. Sports Injuries of knee: Depuy Orthopaedics Academy Conference, Gatwick, 2 July 2008 - attended by nurses, physiotherapists, OTs
3. Management of knee injuries– A & E Registrar’s Teaching, Wexham Park Hospital, July 8, 2008
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.njrsurgeonhospitalprofile.org.uk
- MBBS Madras University, India 1992
- Diploma in Orthopaedics Dr MGR Medical University, Madras, India 1996
- FRCS- surgery in general Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow 2000
- FRCS - Trauma and Orthopaedics Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow 2009
- Lower Limb fellowship( Arthroplasty & ACLR) Royal Berkshire Hospital NHS Trust , Reading 2009
Reference number 5194508
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Regional Surgical College Advisor Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association - member
British Medical Association - member
International Congress for Joint Reconstruction - member
British Society of Computer Assisted Surgery - member
British Indian Orthopaedic Society - Life member
Fellow of Academy of General Education, Manipal - Life member
- 2 Main StreetHILLSBOROUGHBT26 6AE
- 18:30 - 20:30
- 028 9268 8899
- 245 Stranmillis RoadBELFASTBT9 5JH 1st/3rd/5th...
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 028 9066 1212
- 811-815 Lisburn RoadBELFASTBT9 7GX, 2nd/4th...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0845 600 6352
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details