- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Upper GI surgery
Borzoueh Mohammadi, Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal and General Surgeon, qualified from the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine in 1999, passing with Distinction and achieving several prizes. He undertook postgraduate surgical training in London, and during this time, undertook specialist research in Pancreatic Islet Cell transplantation. He was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2011. Having completed his training, he pursued fellowships in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgery at UCLH, and complex oesophagogastric cancer surgery at the Royal Marsden Hospital.
He was appointed at UCLH in 2013 and is one of the lead surgeons in the Upper Gastrointestinal and General surgery unit. He is the clinical lead of the specialist oesophago-gastric MDT and the elective care transformation programme at UCLH. Furthermore, he has a commitment to ongoing research in translational medicine, and is a Principal Investigator in Endostim Antireflux surgery and the forthcoming Proton Beam Therapy for oesophageal cancer. He is currently developing the Robotic programme in oesophago-gastric cancer surgery at UCLH.
Mr. Mohammadi has an expanding interest in, and manages, a wide range of complex cases that require tertiary centre referral. He has gained a reputation for teaching, training and has excellent published outcomes in oesophago-gastric surgery.
Areas of interest
Stomach Cancer; Oesophageal Cancer; Gallstones; Biliary disease; Cholecystitis; Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery; Inguinal Hernia; Femoral Hernia; Incisional / Epigastric Hernia; Umbilical Hernia; Recurrent Hernia; Laparoscopic and open hernia surgery; Anterior abdominal wall reconstructions; Endoscopy; Advanced Laparoscopic ('keyhole') Surgery; Hiatus Hernia; Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD); Laparoscopic Antireflux surgery; Achalasia; Skin lesions; Lipoma; 'lumps and bumps'; Dysphagia: Dyspepsia
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Laparoscopic Upper GI and General Surgeon, University College London Hospital
Chair of the Oesophagogastric MDT, University College London Hospital
Honorary Senior Lecturer, University College London
Endostim antireflux surgery
Proton Beam Therapy in Oesophageal Cancer
Best Oral presentation International Gastric Cancer Congress, Verona, 2013
International Pancreas and Islet Transplantation Association (IPITA) Fellowship, 2005
British Transplantation Society Research Fellowship, 2004
Royal Free Special Trustees Research Fellowship, 2003
Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, 1999
Distinction in Clinical Pharmacology
Merit in Pathology
Merit in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Emlyn Williams Prize in Surgery
• Minimally invasive and robotic esophagectomy: Evolution and evidence. J Surg Oncol. 2016 Aug 19. doi: 10.1002/jso.24398
• Gastro-cutaneous fistula 4 years after a fully resolved staple line leak in sleeve gastrectomy. Journal of Surgical Case Reports, 2015, 1–3.
• Predictive Value of the Neutrophil/Lymphocyte Ratio in Peritoneal and/or Metastatic Disease at Staging Laparoscopy for Gastric and Esophageal Adenocarcinoma. Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer (2015) DOI: 10.1007/s12029-015-9727-y
• Odynophagia and Vomiting Eight Years after Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding. BMJ (2015) 350:h1902
• Laparoscopy-assisted ERCP following bariatric gastric bypass surgery: initial experience of a single UK centre. Frontline Gastroenterology (2015) DOI: 10.1136/flgastro-2015-100556
• Age- and sex-specific effects on weight loss outcomes in a comparison of sleeve gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Obesity , 1 (2014)
• Pancreatic Carcinoma. Chapter in Oxford Handbook of Oncological Surgery, Oxford Press (2009)
• Anatomy of the pelvic plexus and innervation of the prostate gland. Clinical Anatomy (2004) 17(2), 123-129
• The influence of oxidised lipoproteins and antioxidants on the release of Nitric Oxide from endothelium. Biofactors (1997) 6(2), 191-199
• The synergism of hydrogen peroxide with plasma S-nitrosothiols in inhibition of platelet activation. Biochemical Journal (1996) 318, 759-766
- BSc Anatomy - First class UCL 1996
- MBBS - Distinction Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine 1999
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2011
Reference number 4630814
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of EnglandFellow of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
Member of the Association of upper GI Surgeons
- London Digestive Centre 41-43 Welbeck Street,...
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 020 3371 7388
- Spire Bushey Hospital, Bushey WD23 1RD
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 020 3371 7388
- The London Clinic 5 Devonshire Place London,...
- 09:30 - 13:00
- 020 3371 7388
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: bozmohammadi