- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Reproductive medicine
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
Mr N Agarwal is a Consultant Gynaecologist, with expertise in laparoscopy ('keyhole surgery'), Menstrual disorders (heavy/painful/irregular periods), emergency gynaecology, early pregnancy conditions & scanning.
He has been accredited for management of medical disorders & high risk in pregnancy, acute gynaecology & early pregnancy and leadership of labour ward.
He is regularly invited as international faculty for expert opinions & has won several international awards & fellowships. To name a few - Alan Gordon Fellowship by British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE) & Green-Armytage / Spackman Fellowship by RCOG & Fellowship of Federation of Obstetric & Gynaecological Societies (FOGSI).
He has published in over 45 international journals & done over 50 internationally presentation, for which he received various awards. He trains students from Imperial College School of Medicine & regularly presents in educational forums for G.P.s. & authored modules for the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP). He is a faculty for Diploma in Family Medicine (Middlesex University), Member of Regional Question-Writing network - MRCOG exam, Ectopic Pregnancy Study Day, All India Congress of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, and MRCOG Courses.
Mr Agarwal’s has a published track record of performing gynaecological surgeries to a very high standard. With expert skills in scanning, he provides comprehensive care in single visit, including diagnosis of early cancer. He strongly believes in preventive care, holistic approach with minimal intervention .
Areas of interest
Gynaecology, Key hole surgery (Laparoscopy / Hysteroscopy); Hysterectomy / myomectomy / ovarian cyst with ovary preservation / polycystic ovary; Gynaecological emergencies, Early Pregnancy / miscarriage / ectopic & Gynaecological Ultrasound; General gynaecology including menstrual problems (heavy & irregular vaginal bleeding), pelvic pain / endometriosis, Prolapse & menopausal symptoms; Subfertility / hydrosonography / fibroids & polyps, Well woman checks including cervical smears, advice on contraception.
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
London North West Healthcare NHS Trust
Early Pregnancy / Gynaecological Scanning
Key hole Surgery – Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy
• Invited as an International Guest Faculty – 2013, 2016
56th & 59th All India Congress of Obstetrics & Gynecology, FOGSI.
• Alan Gordon Fellowship - BSGE. 2014
• Green-Armytage & Spackman Travelling Fellowship – RCOG in 2011
English, Hindi, Marathi, Marwari, Gujarati, & Punjabi.
1. Implications of perihepatic adhesions in women undergoing laparoscopic surgery for ectopic pregnancy
International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 130 (2015) 247–249
2. In Laparoscopic Myomectomy, Does a Caseload of 100 Patients During the Learning Curve Produce a Significant Improvement in Performance Measures?
The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of India. First online: 16 October 2015.
3. Perioperative outcomes in laparoscopic hysterectomy: identifying surgical risk factors
Gynecol Surg DOI
4. Should we abandon all conservative treatments for uterine fibroids? The problem with leiomyosarcomas.
Womens Health (Lond Engl). 2015
5. Should we abandon all conservative treatments for uterine fibroids? The problem with leiomyosarcomas.
Medscape Journal Articles,
6. Evaluation of the selective use of abdomino-pelvic drains at laparoscopic myomectomy: in enhanced recovery, do drains delay discharge home?
European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
7. A United Kingdom national survey of trends in ectopic pregnancy management.
J Obstet Gynaecol. 2015 Jul;
8. "Breast cancer in pregnancy – enough vigilance?". Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
9. Laparoscopic treatment of uterine fibroids: a comparison of peri-operative outcomes in laparoscopic hysterectomy and myomectomy",
Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2015 Mar;
10. Beyond Guidelines: Effectiveness of a Programme in Achieving Operative Laparoscopy for all Women Requiring Surgical Management of Ectopic Pregnancy.
Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2015 Feb
11. Co-existence of uterine fibroids and endometriosis in women undergoing laparoscopic myomectomy: risk factors and surgical implications.
Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology
12. Respiratory Syncytial Virus: Should We Be Concerned in Pregnancy?
CJOG Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Oct 2014,
13. Early abdominal ectopic pregnancy: challenges, update and review of current management.
The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. TOG
14. Caesarean scar pregnancy (CSP): a rare case of complete scar dehiscence due to scar ectopic pregnancy and its management.
Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2013 Jul;.
15. Recurrent Distal Ipsilateral Ectopic Pregnancy: A Case Report and Literature Review.
Journal of Gynecologic Surgery. Dec 2013,
16. Successful twin delivery after a radical trachelectomy
J Obstet Gynaecol. 2013,
17. Schistosomiasis, a neglected disease and “flukey” finding at laparoscopy.
J Obstet Gynaecol. 2013 May;
- MRCOG Royal College Of Obstetrician & Gynaecologist 2009
- FICOG The Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI). 2016
- International Diploma of Gynaecological Operative Endoscopy Universite d Auvergne Clermont Ferrand. France. 2014
- Advanced Laparoscopy Biosurgery Institute, Vienna. 2014
- Advanced Gynaecology Laparoscopy Aesculap Akademie, Berlin. 2017
- Advanced Techniques in Operative Gynecological Endoscopy IRCAD, Strasbourg, France. 2017
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Hysteroscopy (including biopsy, dilatation, +/- cauterisation, curettage and resection of polyp(s) +/- Mirena coil insertion) - (1-5)
Total abdominal hysterectomy (+/- oophorectomy) +/- ureterolysis - (1-5)
Hysteroscopy with resection of fibroids +/- insertion of Mirena coil - (1-5)
Ovarian cystectomy +/- omental biopsy (as sole procedure and including bilateral) - (1-5)
Impedance controlled bipolar radiofrequency ablation for menorrhagia (including hysteroscopy) - (1-5)
- Show All (7)...