- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Video consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
I am happy to work with you online or on a video call during this current period of social distancing.
Dealing with uncomfortable and often complicated or confusing feelings, or living through difficult events may have brought you to a point where you would like to talk to someone who isn't a friend or one of the family. I offer short, medium and long-term counselling and psychotherapy in Watford, Sessions can be daytime or evening and are generally on the same day and at the same time. For individuals they are normally weekly but these sessions are for you and so I always try to be as flexible as I can.
My commitment to you is to offer a safe, supportive environment and, being an Integrative Counsellor, I am able to draw on many different therapeutic approaches. Underpinning all my work is a belief that we can all learn to help ourselves in order to manage and make the most of whatever life throws our way. Sometimes we feel stuck though. Sometimes we don't know which way to turn.
If you don't see your particular issue listed please do still get in touch as this is not an exhaustive list - These are the most common things that bring my clients to therapy, but of course there are many more.
In the late 80s I underwent training with the Terrence Higgins Trust in London and since then I have held a commitment to people who are in need of varying degrees of support. Along with seeing a wide variety of clients in my private practice for counselling in Watford, I have worked with people from all walks of life and in various settings in Hertfordshire including the Community sector, Watford Womens Centre and Herts Youth Service. I have also worked in the charity sector as manager of Signpost counselling service in Watford, and for several years I was a volunteer Bereavement counsellor for South West Hertfordshire Bereavement Service based at The Peace Hospice.
Areas of interest
Anxiety;Bereavement;Couples work;Depression;Health issues;Obsessive Compulsive Disorder;Performance anxiety;Redundancy;Relationships;Stress;LGBT*Q;Trauma;Abortion;Miscarriage;Anger;Affairs/Betrayal
- Working with Couples Tavistock and Portman Foundation Trust 2017
- Certficate in Counselling Supervision Lisa Mass Counselling 2015
- Primary Certificate course in Relaxation Skills training Centre for Stress Management 2012
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Centre for Stress Management 2012
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling West Herts College 2008
- Couples work Helen Springer 2016
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy training Herts RITE 2014
- Working with the Suicidal Person Herts RITE 2014
- Bereavement training South West Hertfordshire Bereavement Service 2007