- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 19 Jun 2020
Dr Farhan Bari achieved membership of Royal College of Physicians in 2011 and then entered into the rheumatology training programme in Wales Deanery and completed in 2015. He was involved in various audit, research and service/quality improvement projects. He achieved MRCP (Rheumatology) in 2013.
He is working as Consultant Rheumatologist at Kent & Canterbury Hospital and his special interests include inflammatory arthritis. He is also currently audit lead for Rheumatology.
He has expertise in the management of various General and Complex Rheumatologic conditions. He believes in multidisciplinary approach towards patient's management including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists, etc.
Areas of interest
• Inflammatory arthritis including Rheumatoid Arthritis; Psoriatic Arthritis; Undifferentiated Inflammatory Arthritis
• Inflammatory back pain e.g. Spondyloarthropathy; Ankylosing Spondylitis
• Connective tissue diseases/autoimmune conditions including Lupus; Sjogrens; Scleroderma; Myositis
• Other inflammatory conditions including Polymyalgia Rheumatica; soft tissue inflammation/rheumatism
Current NHS consultant posts held
Kent and Canterbury Hospital
Inflammatory Arthritis including Rheumatoid Arthritis; Psoriatic Arthritis;etc.
Inflammatory back pain including Spondyloarthropathy; Ankylosing Spondylitis
• Aicha Bouraoui, Syed Farhan Bari, Julian Nash, Kenneth Dawson. Unusual Presentation of Sjogrens Syndrome. BMJ Case Reports 2014; doi:10.1136/bcr-2014-206489
• Bari SF, Choy EH. Outcome measures in rheumatoid arthritis, Indian Journal of Rheumatology. (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.injr.2013.11.011
• Syed Farhan Bari, Afsha Khan, Tom Lawson. C reactive protein may not be reliable as a marker of severe bacterial infection in patients receiving tocilizumab. BMJ Case Reports 2013; doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-010423
- MBBS Nishtar Medical College 2000
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians 2011
- MRCP (Rheumatology) Royal College of Physicians 2013
- Rheumatology Specialist Training Wales Deanery 2015
Reference number 6031130
Details of entry to specialist register
- Rheumatology, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council: 6031130 (Full)
Medical Defence Union: 455722F
British Society of Rheumatologists: 6238
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.